cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR OK and CANCEL buttons in the parameter prompt do not respond

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a .NET app which uses CR developer runtime (CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_xx.msi, xx = 10, 13) to display reports. Now I encountered a problem on a Windows 7 machine with .NET 4 Client Profile + Extended:

- OK and CANCEL buttons in the parameter prompt DO NOT respond.

First I thought it could be a sort of JavaScript issue, but:

- date pickers DO work

- calendar icons ARE present

- mouse hover highlights the OK and Cancel captions blue

- OK and Cancel tooltips appear properly

- AND: if I click into a text or date parameter field and then press ENTER, my parameter selection gets properly submitted as if I would press the OK button

Things I tried (which all did not help):

- Enabled the IE option "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer" (after reboot it didn't work either)

- Checked the files at "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers\prompting\js" - they are all present comparing to my dev box

- Read permisson for the user "Everyone" on C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects and all its subdirs and files

- Read permissions for Everyone on C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp

- Explored the ProcMon dump: no ACCESS DENIED messages at all. The NOT FOUND messages are similar to those on my dev box

- Installed CR Runtime 13.0.13 over 13.0.10

- Uninstalled CR Runtime, installed .NET 4.5.2

- Uninstalled CR Runtime, installed the 13.0.13 version from scratch

- Exec my app as admin

- Disable Avira scanner

Now I'm at my wit's end.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

CR for .NET cannot use the Client framework, requires the full framework.

CR for .Net is not an upgrade, uninstall SP 10 and then install SP 13.

Are you using PostBack methods to keep the report in session?

If not then search here, I moved your post to the .NET SDK forum, for examples on using PostBack and Sessions.

Also, load the report in the Page_Init section.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

1) a full .net 4 was installed (Client Profile + Extended). After that even .net 4.52.

2) you can install CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_13.msi as sort of inplace upgrade if there is already CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_10.msi installed. I tried everything: 13.0.10, then 13.0.13 over 13.0.10, then uninstall and install 13.0.13 from scratch

3) It's a desktop app, no sessions and Page_Init unfortunately.

0 Kudos

Did you compile for 32 of 64 bits?

Our Paremeter prompt has a dependency on a js file in the CR Viewers folder. Possibly your AV software is blocking access.

Try Process Monitor or look in the various AV and Windows logs to see if it captured anything.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

- I compile it "Any CPU". It was deployed to dozens of other computers - both 32 and 64 bit. This is the 1st time I've encountered such a problem.

- I tried both procmon and turning the AV off, see my opening message. I could not find anything suspicious in the procmon log.

0 Kudos

OK, how about using Modules, it will compare a working and non-working PC and runtime files.

Search for Modules and you'll likely find links or other forum post with it attached.

It has to be environmental since as you say it's else ware....

How about creating a simple web app, it's the same components that prompt for parameters, using Fiddler may capture something. Also if there is a JS error you should see a yellow triangle in the lower right corner indicating there was an error.

I checked around, no one has any idea how to capture what is happening.... I'll see if DEV has any suggestions also.

Don

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I pinged the DEV Team to see if they had any idea on how to capture what is happening and here's his suggestion:

It looks like an environment/configuration issue, please let customer try following:

1. Using Process Explorer to list the loaded binaries for Winform Viewer process
  2. Check the version of ieframe.dll which is loaded
  3. Repeat step #1 & #2 on his Dev environment.
  4. Compare the version
  5. Try the WebForm viewer scenario on same machine to see if there’s same problem.

Don

Answers (0)