cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to control application security for Analysis for Office v 1.4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently running:

BI 4.1 SP 5

BW 7.3 SP7

Analysis for Office 1.4 SP10 Client

AO BIP SP11 add-on

Is is possible to control application level security in Analysis for Office? Similar to the method it was done for Web Intelligence. Turn on/off certain features such as local connections in the CMC or other.

Reason being, we are deploying AO and want users to only be able to write documents against BI Enterprise OLAP connections, and not write reports directly against BW cubes or queries. Is this possible?

Thank you

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Scott Read,

you could use Protect sheet and protect workbook from Excel review tab. that prevents other users not change

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Let me explain a bit more as I dont think protecting a workbook is what I am looking for.

When a user launches Analysis for Office, they have an option to choose the preferred platform. Is it possible to have only the Business Intelligence Platform as the only choice option? Or somehow prevent login to BW through the authorization object S_RS_AO?

Thank you

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott - have you tried controlling this through the registry settings on page 20 of the SAP Help - see https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100019922252014E/14SP10_aaoffice_admin_en.pdf (requires SAP Service Marketplace logon)

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy! Yes that is what I needed.

Answers (0)