cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The F4 in new line should show values only related to char relationships in workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using BEx planning workbook .I have an issue where when the user clicks on the F4 input help to add char values in the new line, They are seeing all the values in the master data. Can we make F4 to give options to users only based on the characteristic relationships rather than master data values or values posted for navigation.

Please see the screen shot attached for clarity.

Regards,

Satish M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone provide some inputs please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to set this property in BEX ?

BR,

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

BEx Analyzer does not support F4 based on 'characteristic relationships' even if this setting is used in the query definition. You can see the supported F4 modes (called 'read mode in BEx Analyzer) in the F4 help pop-up, upper right corner under 'settings'.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for the helpful answer i tried using the option you mentioned but users have this specific requirement to get the F4 values help based on the "Characteristic relationships" rather than "posted values for navigation" or "values in master data table".

Can you please suggest any workaround like using any user exit code for F4 help or any macro techniques ?

Regards,

Satish M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you can use badi RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT_BADI , check notes  1565809, 1990360

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anass,

Thanks for the reply.

I implemented the BADI and looks like it works fine if i try to get F4 values for 0COSTCENTER based on the 0COMP_CODE input in the variable screen but , If i try to get the 0COSTCENTER  F4 values for a new line input ( see screenshot above), It does not get the 0COMP_CODE values from the output screen.

I understand that during the selection screen input, The company code values are stored in  i_t_var_range .

loop at i_t_var_range into l_s_var_range

where iobjnm = '0COMP_CODE'.

l_s_selection-sign = l_s_var_range-sign.

l_s_selection-option = l_s_var_range-opt.

l_s_selection-low = l_s_var_range-low.

l_s_selection-high = l_s_var_range-high.

append l_s_selection to l_t_selection.

endloop.

But how do i get the 0COMP_CODE values from the workbook output?

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

the above mentioned BADI is designed for the varialble screen and not for the general value help needed in new lines. It seems that also the BEx VBA API has no feature to call the F4 help (and to provide restrictions from values entered already in the new line).

You might consider to use Analysis Office (and or BEx Web Templates) where the F4 help based on characteristic relationships is implemented.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

The users did not like the Bex Web . They're comfortable with a tool which can give functionality of Excel. Analysis office is an good option but that would require buying the tool, licensing , etc. I would like to keep that as a last option.

Are there any work arounds which can give users F4 kind of help?. We already have F4 kind of functionality in SEM BPS . So users will not use the Bex if we tell them we cannot give F4.

Please provide any ideas for F4 work around. Thanks.

Regards,

Satish M