cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup reports for (Un)Managed RAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how our reports are setup to run using unmanaged RAS. Currently we do not have a "LocalConnectionMgr" folder that contains a ".registry" file. I am wondering where the default report location would be/be set and how it could be changed.

If this was a managed RAS setup, what would be used to set it up?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

The only reason you would be using Unmanaged RAS is with an Application.

So need more info:

What version of CR/CRSE/BOE are you using?

Are you using CRS Embedded (OEM)?

Are you using the full BOE 4.x and wanting to use Unmanaged Reporting?

Which SDK are you using, .NET or Java?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of CR/CRSE/BOE are you using?

BuildVersion=12.6.0.1596.BOE_Titan_SP_REL

Are you using CRS Embedded (OEM)?

No

Are you using the full BOE 4.x and wanting to use Unmanaged Reporting?

BOE XI 3.1

Which SDK are you using, .NET or Java?

Java

0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Managed reporting the report are saved in various folders but you don't open them directly. What you do is query the CMS for the report either by name or ID:

For unmanaged reports if you are wanting to do the same you would need to find each folder location. The best this in code is to NOT use those reports in the FRS folders and to have separate one, you will ahve to manage them if you need to keep them in sync with each other.

So for unmanaged reports you can save them anywhere you want, just don't use the FRS folders.

I moved your post to the Java SDK forum

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

If you want to use Managed BOE to handle Unmanaged reports you will have to set up three things:
- Enable Guest Account.
- set -ipport in Command Line Arguments of RAS server.
- Set -reportdirectory(this is where your reports will reside) in Command Line Arguments of RAS server.

All this is well defined in the below SAP Note:
1419387 - How to configure the Report Application Server of the BOE 3.1 as unmanaged server

Just an additional information, the unmanaged requests will also consume a session on the managed BOE as the request will be passing from the Guest Account.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rajarsh 

Answers (0)