cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APD Execution in SAP BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recreated the APD from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0 manually .

The source of the APD is Query & target is DSO. In BW 3.5 , the APD is executing fine. Whereas in BI 7.0, the APD is not executing and leading to timeout error.

We scheduled the APD in BGD process and the process is going on ON HOLD and after an hour the execution is failing.

We created variant with few plant & year selections which has less data for the query, even then the APD is not executing.

Further to just check the APD execution, i used Flat file as the target and executed in foreground, but same error.

Can anyone tell me what all the system requirements needed for successful execution of APD's and the criteria's to be checked at the system level?

Regards,

Saranya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saranya,

In BW 7.X there is a limit to the query output, try to reduce the data by putting filter in query and then execute APD.

Thanks

Vijayendra

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you show the error logs?

Regards,

Loed

former_member210321
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saranya,

Try changing the properties of the query in rsrt by selecting the option "No Parallel Processing"

Hope it helps.

Regards,

sat_p2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is this issue in production system or developemnt?

You just recreate the Query and APD again if you have access in production?

and try to execute the APD for 1 records. In APD you will see server as APD or temp. Can you seelect TMP.

if it works same implement in development.

Regards,

satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Did you manage to find the solution to the problem? I am facing the same problem, while training a model for dataset in APD, the job runs for an hour and displays the 'Time out' message and the job terminates. Although their is no error messaged displayed so far only job cannot be executed.

Thanks,
Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Did you manage to find the solution to the problem? I am facing the same problem, while training a model for dataset in APD, the job runs for an hour and displays the 'Time out' message and the job terminates. Although their is no error messaged displayed so far only job cannot be executed.

Thanks,
Danish

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Just google it you will get some good documents related to APD. Below are few docs which you can go through them.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a019563e-bae8-2c10-0abf-b76090763...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00d1c941-25ad-2d10-e0aa-a7470c502...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90e15fcc-b253-2e10-c4a6-e4593150f...

What is error message you are getting, give us the screen shot of the same. Without those details you would not get proper replies to your question.

Thanks,

Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengal,

I have gone through the documents shared.

The issue is that we are unable to execute any APD's in our BI 7.0 system especially in Pre prod & Production system.

I created a test query in preprod where the source of APD is query & target is file which is a simple flow. We created variant to extract less data from query & update to the file. Even then we get Time out exceeded issue.

Just wanted to understand the system checks(Hardware/Support packages etc) for executing the APD's.

Pls. find the attached images for list of issues we are facing in preprod system.

Regards,

Saranya

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Can you give the short dump log that has been generated in ST22 while running this APD.

Mean while check the below SAP notes might help you.

2109881 - APD: Bex Query with active Bex conditions causes memory and performance

2072078 - Table /BIC/000AP* gives errors when an Analysis Process is executed

1790516 - Memory issues in APD processing

Thanks,

Vengal.

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more SAP note 1848385 - Query find in APD ends in a runtime error

Thanks,

Vengal.

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls once check the below link,it might help u.

https://my.theobald-software.com/files/1032461EN.pdf