cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits & opportunities in SAP EHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Group,

I am new to this forum and I have been thinking for the past few months to do SAP EHS for my career growth.

I am a science graduate & have masters degree in Human resource management. I have 5 years of work experience in the EHS industry I am into the construction EPC industry.Currently i am working as a safety manager but now i want to boost up my career & explore some new ventures in the ehs industry with an eye on the global market.

1. Considering my profile can you give your honest opinion weather this would be the right time for to do the training in SAP EHS?

2. I was told by one of the training institutes, based in Chennai, that currently there is no SAP Certification Exam for EHS, is this true?

3. What is the present Job Scenario for SAP EHS freshers in India & abroad, how one can target the global market?

4. Is online SAP EHS training advisible as i am short of time due to the work challange.

5. Is thier only SAP EHS or something else & does SAP EHS covers the market requirement.

I am planning to do this SAP for my Career growth (in terms of Money) and for better work opportunities.As I said that I am doing this for Career growth,

Any kind of inputs and suggestions will work for me to take a decision in this field ...Thank you all in advance

Warm Regards

Vinod Ramana

kvinodr@yahoo.in

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vinod

any of your question have been still addressed here. Check:

Coming back to your questions:

1. Considering my profile can you give your honest opinion weather this would be the right time for to do the training in SAP EHS? => Currently there is a "hype" with Component Extension for SAP EHS Management;  you will find job opportunities if you just use "google" and other platforms

2. I was told by one of the training institutes, based in Chennai, that currently there is no SAP Certification Exam for EHS, is this true? => yes: no certificate

3. What is the present Job Scenario for SAP EHS freshers in India & abroad, how one can target the global market? => refer to answers above; many companies do have locatons in India which deal with SAP (and SAP EHS as well); job opportunities come and go especially in area of EHS

4. Is online SAP EHS training advisible as i am short of time due to the work challange. => I do not have any experience with the online trainings; based on feedback of the community: training options in India seems to be limited, expensive and sometimes will not help for your career

5. Is thier only SAP EHS or something else & does SAP EHS covers the market requirement.

For Chemical industry (and related businesses) as well knowledge in SAP GTS is asked for often; Knowledge in the area of SAP BW and similar areas is helpful (topic of "EHS reporting" of any kind)

C.B.