cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Identity Center Database Schema (Oracle)

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to seek for some information about the installation of the Identity Center Database Schema. Based in the configuration document, after you have installed the database software, you may now proceed with the Database Schema for the Identity Center. I was being asked with the below questions once I initiate the mxmc-install command:

1. Enter the Net Service Name

2. Enter Password of the Oracle User

3. Paswords of all default users for IC.

Once I have provided all of this, I will received an error of ORA-12560: Protocol Adapter Error.

As I have just followed the configuration manual, I am lost on why the installation is giving this error, I know that I only installed the Database Software and not the database.

Based on the guide:

1. Install the database system
  2. Install the Identity Center database schema
  3. Install the Java Runtime Environment
  4. Install the database client
  5. Install the JDBC drivers
  6. Install the Management Console
  7. Install the Runtime Components
  8. Install and configure SAP NetWeaver AS Java
  9. Install the Identity Management User Interface
  10. Post-installation: Configure the Java Runtime Environment
  11. Post-installation: Add the JDBC drivers to the CLASSPATH extension

I am now in step 2. Please see system specifics:

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Database: Oracle 11.2.0.3

Installed Memory (RAM): 12GB

System Type: 64-Bit Operating System

Can you please confirm if I need to install the Database first (Full database and not the Softwares only) Appreciate any help you can extend. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Santi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santi,

Yes, you need to install the database first if you don't already have one.

Seems like your database isn't running.

Start with this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6894558/ora-12560-tnsprotocol-adaptor-error

Regards, Ole K.

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Thanks for the inputs. This is my assumption as well. However, it is giving me a confusion as based on the documents, you dont need an ABAP System for the IDM. So if (just what I am doing) doing a fresh installation, you will only need JAVA AS which is executable via SAP Prov Tool. Checking the steps, the installation of JAVA AS is at #8.

Thanks again for the information.

Regards,

Santi

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santi,

First off, I'd suggest you read the install documentation thoroughly before attempting an installation for the first time.  It might help with any questions.

As Ole said, you will need to have access to the Oracle Database in order to install the IDM Identity store.  For Oracle based implementations, I always recommend working with the DBA team, even if it is a Sandbox or DEV instance until you are comfortable with the process.

You will need the following to install IDM 7.2:

Access to a SAP NetWeaver Instance

Access to a Database (in your case Oracle)

Java must be installed

The Oracle database drivers must be installed and connected to your database instance. For Oracle, Java, Driver and Oracle must all match (all 64 bit is usually the case these days, you cannot mix 32 and 64 bit components)

If you are not properly connecting to Oracle as Ole has mentioned, please check with your DBAs before moving on to the next step.

Matt

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Sorry for late response. Yes, we just figured it out. If you follow the Netweaver Installation, you need to install DB Software first and then isntall the instance you want (ABAP or JAVA or both) on that step your DB will be created. However following the IDM Configuration steps, the installation of SAP Netweaver JAVA AS is in step 8. We have successfully installed the DB separately but using the SAP Softwares. We are now with the Management Console step isntallation. We also did some tweaks with the Oracle. I was seeing in some of the threads here that Oracle is picky and I totally agree with it.

One of my colleagues that already installed IDM 7.2 suggest using MS SQL Server if the system is for Sandbox or Training purpose.

Appreciate all the responses of the experts here.

Regards,

Santi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

can any one please help with the steps for IDM 7.2 installation.we have O/S RHlinux and DB Oracle 11.2

I have the following details with me (after going through the installation guides)

I have already completed the installation of NW java stack (NW 7.4 standalone)required for the installation.

form a standalone installation the installation guide provides the following steps:

1. Install the database system.(Is this the Database syatem required for the NetWeaver AS Java?) if yes we have installed the database while installing java stack is that fine?

we did not use scripts mentioned in the database installation guide for IDM 7.2

2. Install the Identity Center database schema.(after installing the database syatem do we need to create a separate schema specific to IDM ? how can we do that?)

3. Install the Java Runtime Environment.(What are these variables?) we have java version "1.6.0_34" ,OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.13.6) (rhel-1.13.6.1.el6_6-x86_64)

4. Install the database client.(Is this the same DB client installation that is required while installing Netweaver java ?)

5. Install the JDBC drivers.

6. Install the Management Console.

7. Install the Runtime Components.

8. Install and configure SAP NetWeaver AS Java. (we have completed the installation of Netweaver java 7.4)

9. Install the Identity Management User Interface.

10. Post-installation: Configure the Java Runtime Environment.

11. Post-installation: Add the JDBC drivers to the CLASSPATH extension.

went through the guide to understand the following steps,but bit confused about the sequence and process to be followed,please share some idea on how can we perform steps 5,6,9,10 and 11.

Regards

Priya

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

it's always good to read the posts in a thread you're responding to. That might answer your questions. They were ask quite a lot already in this space and I can just always point out: don't do the first installation on your own if you have not attended training or don't understand most of the steps described in the documentation.

Regards,

Steffi.

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,
                 as Steffi mentioned it can be complex if you have not tried the install with someone with previous IdM experience. I would suggest first looking at the http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8397

-> Identity Center Installation overview guide to get an idea of the different components of IdM. This I believe should provide some clarity on the steps outlined in the installation guide.

Thanks,

Chris

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Maybe some piece of advice as well. If you will be using the IDM for sandbox/training purposes, I would suggest using MS SQL Server, Oracle is somewhat picky and needs ORACLE db admin help for the configs. You need as well to have at least someone with BASIS knowledge during the installation.

As I have highlighted in this thread, the steps provided by IDM Guide is somewhat confusing for first timers (just like me) with the SAP Netweaver Installation itself.

I would suggest that you install first the SAP Netweaver 7.4 JAVA AS together with the DB. Then you can proceed with the steps provided by Christopher.

Thanks.

Regards,

Santi