cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is attribute view, analytic view and calculate view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone.

I'm beginner about SAP HANA database in south Korea. so I don't know many things about SAP HANA.

First, my English is awkward, please understand if I write the wrong expression.

Here is my question:

What is attribute view, analytic view and calculate view?

I think "attribute view ⊂ analytic view ⊂ calculate view"

but I don't know it is right. and I don't know what are each view doing.

Thanks for reading.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jun,

We can model entities in SAP HANA includes graphical data modeling, create analytic privileges which governs the access to these models, decision tables  related to business rules in tabular format for decision automation.

We can create following types of information views.

• Attribute View --> To model an entity based on relationships between attribute data contained in multiple source tables. Ex - Customer ID purchased a product. However same ID is used in different tables like relationship, address, frequency of visits, ...etc. We create an attribute view to define relationship between various tables as per business need.
    • Uses Join Engine
    • Reusable & Joins Dimension

• Analytic View --> Analytic views are used to model data that includes measures. Ex - Measures for quantity, price, in a sales order history.Typically, we can include attribute views in the analytic view definition. In this way, we can achieve additional depth of attribute data.
    • Uses OLAP Engine
    • Attributes and measures form the content data that is used for modeling. While attributes represent the descriptive data like city and country, measures represent quantifiable data like revenue and quantity sold.
    • For star schema queries

• Calculation View --> It is used to define more advanced slices on the data in the SAP HANA database. Calculation views can be simple and mirror the functionality found in both attribute views and analytic views. With calculation view model elements like attributes, columns, variables, hierarchies ...etc
    • Uses Calculation Engine
    • It is classified as script based calculation view or graphical calculation view These various options provide maximum flexibility for the most complex and comprehensive business requirements.
    • For complex calculations not possible in earlier too.

In case you need this in Korean just copy this and paste it in https://translate.google.com/ as earlier told by SS!!

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for yout help! It's very useful to me!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

Could you refer the SCN thread

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I refered that thread. but it is too difficult to me...

Anyway, I afraid nobody reply to me. but you reply to me.

Thank you!

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

You can translate the English text to Korean language. its will be very easy to understand. use the Google translate. https://translate.google.com/

BR

SS