Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receipt check box is checked as the default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When a line item is either manually entered or selected from the buffer,
the receipt check box is checked off as the default.

Tried applying SAP Note 2105729 - Incorrect handling of LIKE and ESCAPE
but its not valid to our Landscape.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

AB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

I would like to understand why you are using this box for creation by the traveller?

Normally you as an administrator define for which expense you like to see a paper receipt....

I think this check box comes from the idea to have something in the SAP GUI to check by the administrator to "say yes I have checked this receipt".

So what is if traveler is checking this box

and what should happen if not?

Best regards, Sigi

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess is, it's the old "I have read and understood etc. etc."-story.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas - I hate this button

It's there so we use it... but at the end? For what - if the attachment is not there I don't need a button to say yes...

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the end there is no common sense at all in it. IMHO it's just an alleged ensurement whom to blame, i.e. the service user, not the service provider, should the revision department come and visit. I.e. the service provider will be like "the traveler checked the checkbox! blame him!"

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

actually this is controlled via the common field control (FITVFELD_WEB) Field PTRV_UTIL_BELEG-PAPER_RECEIPT. The customizing is applied before a dedicated receipts type is selected, i.e. it's valid for every type. Before the customizing is applied in the WDA runtime, a default line is generated in PTRA_UTIL_BUF_TRIP_DEFAULT_GET where paper_receipt is hard coded to 'X'.

However I'm a bit confused, you say per default in your system the box is checked off ( = unchecked? ), yet in your screenshot it is checked.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Sorry for confusion,  in our system the paper receipt box is checked by default and i wanted to uncheck it , as the users should check the paper receipt box during their Expense Report creation.

Cheers,
Aniket

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

I see. I also just took a look in my system, it seems the default value in FITVFELD_WEB cannot be used to invoke a blank value as default. However, what will work, is if you create an implicit enhancement at the end of PTRA_UTIL_BUF_TRIP_DEFAULT_GET and set e_beleg-paper_receipt = space. That way the default/master entry that is reused upon creating new receipts will have an unchecked box.

Cheers, Lukas