Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net Book Value Should be Zero after end of Life

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

we have an Asset No.2255345 Acquisition Value is.3,51,520 Capitalized on date is 04.08.2007  @ 10.34/% Asset life was 15 Years. now 7 Years 6 months.

till now we have deducted Depreciation till Fiscal 2013. now Net Book Value is Rs. 1,09,503.46.

Note : Earlier We have Depreciated Asset Life  for 15 Years. but as per New Rules as per Company Act should use of Asset Life 7.6 i.e Seven years 6 months.

we have changed the Depreciation Key for 7.6 now  planned value showing Rs, 37,565.65 -.  and Net Book Value Showing : 71,937.81.and last year 2013 balance book value showing : 1,09,503.46. 

System should suppose to show planned value for the same i.e 1,09,503.46. after change the Dep. Key.

and Net Book Value should be Zero. in fiscal year 2014

see the screen shot below.

Kindly help where we have to change the settings for achieve this issues.

Kind regards

Pranav Kr. Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Earlier you have posted depreciation based on percentage. Now you want to calculated depreciation based on useful life. So first create a depreciation key which should calculate based on useful life and change the depreciation key and useful life for the asset. After do changes then run AFAR for it and check the impact.

Regards,

Mukthar

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukthar Sir.

Problem Resolved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

The problem is that the system does not recalculate depreciation for closed fiscal years if you change any depr.-relevant parameters.

What you can do is write-up  (ABZU) or unplanned depreciation (ABAA).

regards Bernhard

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pranav,

what was the new depreciation key?

If you replaced percentage 10,34% by 7 year 6 months the system must calculate monthly depreciation rate equal 1/90.

regards

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Marssel,

this is existing Asset where asset Value is 351,520/- asset year acquired 04.08.2007 as per system Configured till 20 years.. but now we want only 7.6 i.e 7y 6m. for Amount 351520.

as you can see the screen shot above.. we have changed the from 20 years and 10.34% replaced by seven years 6 months. that use of asset at any how as per new rules India Company Act. fiscal year 2014, amount showing Net book value 103k... that amount should be posted once Depreciation Run execute. after 31st march 2014. i have simulate on DEV System to resolve the issues..

kindly help.

Yr quick action will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Pranav Kr. Gupta