cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we achieve Data transfers from ECC HR to E-Recruiting Servers with PI/XI Integration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I would like to know basic functionality and significance of PI/XI technology to do the data transfers between 2 SAP systems such as HR and E-Rec systems.

We have done one implementation using ALE iDocs for the same but I would like to know how far PI/XI will help in thins context.

As i have gone through some documentation from SAP for this PI/XI integration in regards with Job Board and new hire integration, it is very much clear.

In New Hire integration scenario, XI message will move the data of an applicant to create Hire action in HR system with the help of Process and Forms. This will take place when we transfer applicant data from E-Rec to HR system.

But can we use the same for Data transfers from HR to E-Rec as we have done through ALE iDoc process?

In ALE we use Message type HRMD_ABA which will carry out the objects which are maintained in the filter for this message type. Likewise, can we define XI messages to transfer data from HR to E-Rec system?

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar

With SAP E recruiting 600  we  use the SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI) for integration between the E-Recruiting system and any HR system, rather than using a Remote Function Call (RFC) that adds the data in the HR transaction PA48. With the SAP Exchange Infrastructure, you can transfer the data of an external candidate from E-Recruiting to a connected HR system after the candidate has accepted a job offer. The transferred data is used to fill the master data fields for the new employee. When the hiring process is completed, the person is an employee and no longer an external candidate.

This information is forwarded to the E-Recruiting system so that the person is no longer treated in this

system as an external candidate, but rather as an internal candidate.

In the case of a receiving HR system as of Release SAP ECC 6.0, the XI data can be processed by the framework for HCM Processes and Forms and a hiring process can be triggered there that the HR

Administrator uses to hire the new employee.

use the switch Use of XI for Data Exchange with XI HRRECFA HRXI in the IMG activity Set

System Parameters to determine that the data is to be transferred from E-Recruiting using the SAP

Exchange Infrastructure.

Hope this helps

Regards

Selvia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Hope you followed this thread by Roman in 2014 raised by you :  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3554832

Regards

Rohit.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You are looking at a different post. That was about data transfers from E-Rec to HR System at the time of hiring. I heard that we can do the transfers from HR system to E-Rec system using XI interface. I wanted to know that process. I would appreciate If you can share some info in regards with it.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Follow up thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1338253

Sit with your ABAP/XI Guys and discuss how ER infotype data can be picked up.

Regards,

Rohit.S