Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Data to BW

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have got a question for one of my customers. We want to load data from a third party DB to SAP BW. In the Job we join some tables and then we want to load the transformed data to BW. Our problem is, that the BW DataSource needs an SourceObject, but we do not have a SourceObject with the target structure. Also the external DB is a productive system, so we could not create a table with the target structure.

Do you have any idea, how we could create a DataSource without SourceObject or how we could create a source dummie?

Regards

Severin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you use a staging database? Basic ETL processing:

• Extract your legacy data into staging.
  • Transform into the target structure
  • Load into BW
severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actual they do not have a staging DB and it is difficult to install a new DB in there IT environment. Therefor I have asked for a smart way / workaround to transform data without a staging DB, first.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there's no smarter way than using a staging database .

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

When we do not choose a repository in the source connection (in the BW), then we could create a custom InfoSources. So in this case, no table with the same structure is needed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BW, the data loading to infocube or any multiprovider will be follows like this..

Creating Info_Package--> Data Source--> PSA--> DTP--->InfoCube.

in Data Source section, BW guys will create table for pre-coming data. as a BODS person it's our duty to make a table exactly like the table that has been created in Data Source as source and loading into target table which is presented in Data Source.

that's how it works.