cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BWA Index rebuild after upgrade to BW 7.40?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,
When upgrading from BW 7.0 to 7.3 its good practice to rebuild BWA indexes after upgrade.

What is recommended practice when upgrading from BW 7.3 to BW 7.4? Do we need to rebuild BWA indexes after upgrade? (recommended/mandatory)

I can’t find any specific note or recommendation about this 😕  . BWA is 7.20.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188743
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is. Read KBA below for more details:

2120645When to rebuild BWA indexes after an upgrade?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello! I have the same question:Any SAP clients who migrated BW 7.3 to 7.4 with BWA in landscape. (build = 720.30.387131). Were they rebuild any BWA indexes after upgrade? If yes – why.
Note 2120645 tell us about upgrade from 7.01 to 7.31. But it also tell "The long answer is that every time that you upgrade a BW release you will have to rebuild all of the BWA indexes.".

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, We rebuild all the Indexes. There could be be many reasons .Few which I know is as below

1. Seems It has become compulsory now.

2. You might get issue while loading the data .We had this issue where the overall status of the load used to be yellow even after completing the load.d this issues get resolved only after rebuilding the Indexes and then reload.

0 Kudos

Hello, Priyanka

2. You might get issue while loading the data .We had this issue where the overall status of the load used to be yellow even after completing the load.d this issues get resolved only after rebuilding the Indexes and then reload.

When you get this issue:

*delta load (rollup request)?

*full load (recreate BWA index)?

What revision BWA do you have?

I ask as:

1. On the Test system we upgrade BW 7.3->7.4

2. We didn't rebuild BWA indexes

3. We load delta (rollup) ==> everything is OK

4. We recreate BWA index ==>  everything is OK

former_member188743
Active Participant
0 Kudos

By the way, this KBA was created before you mentioned this. Can you tell me the keywords and where you searched for help?