cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<Server>:6400 not found or server may be down(FWM 01003) null Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While login to BI Launchpad we are unable to login to BO Server and we are getting "Error:Server <Server Name>:6400 not found or server may be down(FWM 01003) null".

Reply will be really appreciated.Please suggest what are the reasons,how to can i able to login to the server.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please check the logs in event viewer on respective CMS Server? There are various reason which might lead to this issue. (CMS DB Full, CMS Stopped - unresponsive, Server down etc..,)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Madhav & Onkar,

I am going through the documents & Notes shared.

For the Point no 6,I found that the core files also generating more and occupying more space and reaching 100% space  at the backend OS level(Occupying full space).What are the reasons for the scenario.Can i go ahead with the SAP notes shared by you.

These are the below observations.

Server is not down as i could able to see the BI Launchpad screen .

CMS obviously might be stopped since i couldn't able to login to the BI Launchpad itself.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

former_member230417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Core dumps are created when communication between the operating system (OS) services and the BusinessObjects services is terminated or cancelled abruptly due to violation of the cpu or memory protection mechanisms. The operating system kills the program and creates the core file.

Analysis of these dumps can reveal the reason for the crash of the Service.

There are various third party debuggers available to debug the core files.

To start with you first need to analyse which process is generating these core files.

Type the following:

file <core file name>

This will return the details about the process that caused the issue.

It is best to have core files analyzed on the system that they were created on.

You can consider setting the limits on the core file generation in the with ulimit -a with the help of your Admin.

Regards,

Nachiket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nachiket,

I am working on the suggestions mentioned by you.As per your comments,core dumps will happen in specific cases only.But our scenario,core dumps are happening repeatedly and the consuming full space.Any another reasons and suggestions to avoid the core dump generations as well as login issue problems.

Regards,

Venkat P

former_member230417
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any BO Process generating the dump files?

Please execute the above command and check which process is generating.

You can disable the generation of dumps through ulimit -a  however I would not recommend it as these files are important for troubleshooting purpose.

Lastly if it is a BO Process generating the dumps please open a SAP Support ticket for further investigation by  providing the details of this post to save time.

Regards,

Nachiket

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anosh_syed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Found any solution for this? Please reply if U have resolved this. I have same issue with my Production system.

Regards,

Anosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

BO Server name in the "system" field seems to be incorrect. Could you please check the correct system name.

Also do check the 6 points as mentioned by Onkar V above which would troubleshoot issue to some more deeper level.

Regards,

Arun

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I suggest you start with:

1. If CMS.exe is running on server machine?
  2. If no, Navigate to CCM and check if SIA is running?
  3. If no, start it. If Yes, restart it and monitor task manager for cms.exe
  4. What is port number on which CMS it is running? (find it from SIA properties)
  5. What is the database it connects to? Has the database stopped responding? (check ODBC or required connections)
  6. Is the space on database or BI server full?

Furthermore, refer to

1761672 - SBOP BI 4.0: The platform services are unavailable and Central Management Console displays...

1733403 - Error: Server not found or server may be down (FWM 01003) null while logging on to Central...

Regards,

Onkar

0 Kudos

Hi Onkar,

I am facing the same issue with BO4.1 on Oracle database. I unlocked the dba_users. Oracle database directory is full.

What can be done for this. The note which you have mentioned is for SQL DB.

Please let me know how to clear this issue.

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check what has taken most of the space (database itself or transaction logs).

If it is the database, we may need to find what is been repeated/ filling most of the rows.

If it is the transaction log, there are ways to manage it. You can refer to oracle documentation.

You can consult with your Oracle DBA to perform these activities.

Regards,

Onkar