cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update in the resource Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

has someone done an update in the resource master object /SCMTMS/VEHCILE_RESOURCE using BADI /SCMB/IF_BADI_TMRES_REGNR_CHK.

Can you provide sample coding or an advise how I can update some additional fields in the resource master?

Regards

Petra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did updates using FM BAPI_RSSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI2. Inside the BAdI bapi_rssrvscmb0006 can be used to update additional fields. An example implementation of this BAdI should be available.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

have found the BAdi, but if I set a breakpoint and Change the resource, it does not stop, please tell me what I am doing wrong.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The available BAdI implementation /SCMTMS/EX_IM_RSSRVSCMB0006 is (only) an example implementation and can therefore not be used directly. But you can use this implementation as a pattern for your implementation.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

have set a break-point in each method and have created my own implementation. But, it never stops when I change the resource manually in Transaction /SCMTMS/RES01. I have tried with the Exit handler, but this Badi is not there. Have u used it at the manual change of the resource?

Regards

Petra

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

then, I think, we have a misunderstanding here: I did understand that you want to update the master data attributes of a specific resource NOT MANUALLY -> then you can use the BAPI BAPI_RSSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI2 with the mentioned BAdI which is called inside.

Maybe you then have to explain your use case again. You want to change some master data attributes of the resource MANUALLY and then what would you want to achieve then with a BAdI?

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

we have a use case where we assign the driver as an alternative Name to the resource. We would like to copy the first and last name of the Driver user assigned to the resource master to the resource description. This way, ist visible in the Cockpit which Driver is currently driving this truck. in other words, when the Dispatcher assigns the driver's user name to the resource, we want to read the user master and write the driver first and last name into the description. Our Drivers have user names because they are using an app that posts the events with their user. Had to grey most things out because of confidentiality.

At the Change of the, I want to use one field, read some data from the user master and write into a second field (description). hope you can help me.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok. Just for clarification: What I understand is, the user name of the driver will be entered manually as an alternative name for a resource. On which UI this is done? Standard resource UI? At save, this should trigger then a custom piece of code, that gets the clear name of the driver user and fills it in the description, right?

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. the Driver user id is entered in the alternative Name ui.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have written a report that updates our resources with the description of the Driver user assigned. We can schedule it regularly. Most importantly, we have the regular drivers in the Cockpit as description of the resources (Trucks which they use on a regular basis).

Regards

Petra