cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extractors in SAP BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you one help me to understand with extractors?

• Is all ECC extractors can import and use in BODS?
  • What is the architectural difference/Benefits/disadvantages between below scenarios?
    • Extract data from ECC and load into BW and then send to target system
    • Extract data from ECC using BODS and send to target system
  • I understood extractors are specially build to utilize in BODS? Where we can find the available list of all extractors in BODS perspective.
  • Do we have any search mechanism to find out required extractors in BODS? or else do we need to search in ECC via RSA5/RSA6?
  • Apart from extractors what is the Advantage/Disadvantages of using BW to migrate data as compared with BODS?

Thanks

Venky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

BODS : It is an ETL tool with great flexibility to communicate with SAP and NON-SAP systems

Data Services : We can transfer the data from any Source to any Target, We can create different data store in Data Services and load the data.

BW:  We can not push the data from BW to other external systems .

List of Extractors:

List of ERP Suite Extractors for DataServices - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any body has Standard Extractor List for BODS 4.2 (Latest version /Latest list)?

Thanks,

Pat

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The list is in SAP Note 1558737 - Data Sources released for ODP data replication API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirik,

Thanks for the response but I am looking for some thing like below for 2016 / BODS 4.2 latest and greatest list. Seems like below list is prepared in 2012 and most of the extractors been mentioned as "Not Release" want to see if they are available as of new offerings.

List of ERP Suite Extractors for DataServices - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki

Thanks,

Pat

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks that helps.

Pat

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos