Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use ale/idocs in sap crm to transfer master and transactional data

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am working on sap crm7.0 ehp1. I want to transfer my master and transactional data from crm development system to crm quality system here through idocs. I am aware of basic ale settings and successfully transfe the ztable data through idocs. But i am not able to find any proper step by step procedure for maste and transactional data in sap crm. Also sap ecc tcode NACE is not available here.

pls help..

regards,

kavita chaudhary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kavita,

In CRM, Exchange Interface (XIF) ALE/IDOC is available to transfer master and transaction data. You can go through the following link for set up.

Basic Data exchange set up for ALE IDocs - Wiki - SCN Wiki

You can extend the standard XIF IDOCs using Transaction BDFg as well.

Thanks,

Ravi

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kavita,

In CRM, Exchange Interface (XIF) ALE/IDOC is available to transfer master and transaction data. You can go through the following link for set up.

Basic Data exchange set up for ALE IDocs - Wiki - SCN Wiki

You can extend the standard XIF IDOCs using Transaction BDFg as well.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

hi ravi,

thanks for sharing the information.

I have done all the ALE settings already in CRM and those are working fine. The connection between the 2 systems has been setup. Now what we need to do next to initiate the BP data or transactional datatransfer  into quality(target) system every time we create new BP or transactional data in CrM development system.

regards,

kavita chaudhary

0 Kudos

Kavita,

If you work with XIF Adapter IDOCs, the adapter is directly linked to BDoc adapter and on creation of BDoc, the IDOC gets created on its own.

If you follow the link, there is a step of assigning Site with BDoc type from transactopn CMRXIF_C1.

Did you try that step?

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

hi ravi,

i have craeted the RFC destination and partner profile.. But I am not able to do the settings of tcode smoeac and crmxif_c1 because after creating site name in smoeac with RFC destination, i am not able to search it in crmxif_c1. in f4 for site name the system is showing the message no values found..

regards,

kavita

0 Kudos

hi ravi,

I have done all the changes now including in the tcode crmxif_c1. Pleae guide what to do next?

regards,

kavita chaudhary

0 Kudos

I think the xif idoc are ready to use if partner profile is maintained. You can try triggering the idoc using test program like 'crmxif_partner_test'.

If idoc is triggering, it should get trigger with bp creation/updation etc.

0 Kudos

hi ravi,

i have maintained the partner profile. Actually i am confused here what to write here in the code in test program to trigge the idoc automatically,  every time the new bp is created.

regards,

kavita chaudhary

0 Kudos

Kavita,

This test program is a standard Report Program to check the trigger of XIF IDOC. Ideally, if all configurations are correct, the IDOC should get autmatically created on BP creation/updation.

If IDOC is not getting created automatically, you may have to go troubleshoot configurations done.

Thanks,

Ravi