cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error processing Account Dimension - Can't create dimension table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Last week we tried to add new accounts (base level accounts and also parent accounts) to our existing PL account hierarchy in Account dimension and we got always the following error message: "Cannot create dimension table".

The only way to process the dimension succesfully is by removing the new parent accounts (not the new base level accounts) and calculate them by dimension formula.

I have also tried to create a new dimension as a copy of our AccountL without assining it to any application (cube) and it can be processed without any problem.

The Account dimension has only one hierarchy (PARENTH1). Did anybody experience a similar issue? Any idea what might be happening?

Please find attached a screenshot of the error.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Jorge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

After having done lots of tests I have successed to process the AccountL dimension. I don't know why but lots of properties had the checkbox "InApp" activated. I have removed lots of them and left only the ones that I need and now I can process the dimension without problem.

I want to thank you all for your help and prompt replies.

Best regards,

Jorge

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

please look in the tbllogs and share the message.

Have you tried before inserting the parent a modify application with process application and index on all the applications of your appset? Add after the parent and retry a process dimension.

If you receive an error try sharing theaccount dim.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roberto,

How can I access tbllogs? From SQL Server interface?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roberto,

I have tried to modify all my applications with process application and índex options andAfter that I have tried to add again the parent member but I get again the same error message.

I want to attach my dimension but I don't know haw to do it. Any idea?

Thank you very much.

Jorge

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

1) Take backup of dimension - > Delete parent node -> Delete hierarchy - >Process dimension.

and then add PARENTH1 and all node.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shrikant,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have just tried to follow your steps and we still get the same error message. Any idea?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge ,

Are the columns correct ...dimension members .

If it is a member , it should be visible in the log.

If any other details please share.

Thanks

Venkkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Which log are you refering to? The columns are correct as the problem started only when we added new parent members in the existint PL account hierarchy. These new accounts do not have any dimensión formula assigned. In fact we have tried also to remove all dimensión formulas and try to process then but with the same result.

The only log I have seen is the one I have already attached. The only message I have received is "Can't create dimensión table". What other log could I check?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Apart from the error message received , I think you can check in the table tbllogs to see if you can find some more information .

And are you trying to process the dimension by selecting member sheet after adding the new member in the existing PL a/c hierarchy .

Thanks

Venkkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

This is the message I have found in tbllogs:

System name: ManageDimension

Jobn ame: clsMakeDimension: MakeTable

Regarding your question, we have processed the dimensión selecting member sheet.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge

Can you Please check in your models if their is any Data exists or not. If there is data please delete and maintain again.

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

We have data in our Application. We have been working with it for many years.

Please let me know if additional details are needed.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jorge