cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice - .Net and ECC 5.0

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

I've been asked to investigate the various options for allowing access of some of our .Net mobile applications into our ECC 5.0 implementation.  Are there any best practice documents available for review?  I had looked at the .Net connector but was not sure if that connector was still the go forward plan for SAP and Microsoft.

Any guidance is appreciated - Regards - Diane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

Hope you are doing good.
The .NET connector can be used for this and is fully supported. For further information on the NCo 3.0, please have a look at our Connector homepage on the service marketplace at
http://service.sap.com/connectors -> SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET.There you will find the appropriate download packages of the product itself as well as further documentation files for it:
- NCo_30_Overview.pdf
- NCo_30_ProgrammingGuide.pdf
- NCo_30_Tutorial.zip
- NCo_30_APIDocumentation.chm

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP AGS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

in addition to the options outlined by Hemanth, I would also recommend that you take a look at SAP Gateway and SAP Gateway for Microsoft.

As you might know SAP Gateway is exposing OData services which are easily consumed by applications accross devices. SAP Gateway OData services are/can be consumed in SAP Fiori applications, can also be consumed in native Mobile apps (for example via the SAP Mobile Platform) or can also easily be integrated via SAP Gateway for Microsoft in different Microsoft applications.

The benefit from my point of view is that instead of point-to-point connections you have one "entry point" into your SAP system and can leverage the very same service on multiple devices / applications.

For example we have scenarios with customers where Business Partner information is exposed and the same services is consumed via a SAP Fiori application in the browser, in a Cordova / Kapsel based app on different Mobile Devices via SMP, integrated in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel via SAP Gateway for Outlook  -- using always the same services.

The benefit is that end-users can use the same set of data in the application that they are currently working in.

To get more information take a look at:

Regards,

Holger.