cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimize putaway and fixed bin replenishment in SAP WM by minimizing walking distance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I hope that is the right place to ask my question. I would like to ask for your advice in the following:

1.Task summary: there is a need to optimize putaway and fixed bin replenishment in SAP Warehouse Management by minimizing walking distance.

2. SAP system info: Component version is SAP ECC 6.0, SAP_APPL Release 604, Level 0009. There is no Task and Resources Management (LE-TRM).

3. The idea is based on: - storage bin x, y coordinates (Cartesian coordinates defined on the plane – 2 dimensions) - cross-aisles location - distance calculation (between storage bins) and distance comparison in order to choose the one, where the distance is minimal

4. In case of putaway strategy the expectation is to find the storage bin closest to the fixed storage bin. As we use storage unit management, putaway strategy should find and propose proper storage bin type with minimum distance from fixed storage bin. Distance is calculated based on what was described in point number 2. Standard strategy close to the picking bin is not sufficient and we do not have numeric storage bins.

5. In terms of fixed bin replenishment we expect following. Replenishment tasks are managed according to: priority (I), (distance II). For fixed bin replenishment we defined a separate queue for RF devices. Replenishment tasks should be managed by the system following the two criteria mentioned above. If a warehouse operator finishes replenishment task in front of particular storage bin (systems knows where, because of storage bin confirmation) system suggest next task. Next task for particular operator is: - the next fixed bin replenishment task with highest priority - if two (or more) tasks have the same priority, the system should suggest the one with the minimum distance to the next source storage bin

6. If somebody developed exact or similar solution I appreciate your help or advice and contact me.

Thank you and regards

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement sounds like TRM would be a perfect fit. It is practically a description on select TRM functionality.Have you done a deep dive into that?