cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement of specifications in composition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We have huge number of duplicate specifications (upto a lakh) created by SPRC. Though we have prevented further creation of duplicates we are unable to delete the existing duplicate specifications as they have been used in the composition of other specifications. As mentioned the number is huge. Is there any standard tool available in SAP for this? BDC will not work for this.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Balu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balu

As Andreas mentioned. there is no option available by standard. But there is a kind of "work around" possible.

These are the steps:

as mentioned by you: you can only delete a spec if it is not used; therefore first you need to check the "where used" option; this is SAP standard; then I would expect that you have a kind of "mapping" table (as we talk about duplicates). Now you know the specs there a specific spec is used and you now can try to "exchange" them by mass. May be you could try to use "DataEditor" (we do not use this tool´) to exchange spec A by spec B. This tool is providing to you a kind of "mass" option (can can maintain data by mass)  If this is no option then you need to prepare e.g. an "user exit" there you can start from "hit list" and the try to use some "own" coding so that spec A get spec B; then you can delete spec A.  Step by step you will get those specs identified which you then get exchanged and later deleted

Clearly You can generate a customer specific report as well to do the you; I depends a little bit on future approach; if there is the chance/risk that you will create once again duplicates may be the use of an "Userexit" in CG02/Cg02BD is a good option

Especially the use of specs in "composition and sepc listing" can be a nightmare if you would get rid of duplicates; reference and inheritance is here easier.

Conclusion: if you would do it "fast and dirty" then create an own ABAP report which is doing the "where used list" and then by mapping A to B you can exchange A by B and then you could delete A. If you have the risk/chance that furthere duplicates will come up an userexit (in GC02, CG02BD) is better as here the user can do the reasearch and exhange later by her/hisself

C.B.

PS: e.g. check:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you CB. I will try this and revert.

Regards,

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Would it be possible to share information on how this situation was handled finally by you?

I am having a similar situation.

Regards,

Gaurish 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurish,

We developed a program to replace the specifications in composition and through with the testing phase.

Regards,

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

Thanks for the inputs..I was thinking of using BAPI_BUS1077_Change for this program. Are you guys using the same? If  you aren't, what is the way that is being used?

Thanks again,

Gaurish

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaursih

use of BAPI_BUS1077_Change is only a piece of something in the code.  Please check:

You will find some references to the examples SAP has delivered so that SAP users can learn the use of these BAPis. Quite helpful reports

C.B.

former_member215646
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

Unfortunately there is no standard tool available to achieve this task.

Kind regards,

Andreas