SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No budget check for Account assignment K with material code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on Ecc6, Ehp4 and activated BCS part of funds management.

I have an issue. I have exisitng purhcase order that is old commitment item, before activating the FM. The purhcase order is made with material code and  account assignment "K" , so that at the time of GRN material gets charged off immediately as we are not stocking that material. Now there is no  budget for the commitment item where it is getting posted, so at the time of GRN I was expecting the error, but the accounting document got posted without error and I did not got any error message for non availability of budget...

When I try to post same GL with FB60, it  is stopping me for non availability of budget.

Please guide.. What is that I am missing here...

Regards

Shailesh

Message was edited by: Shailesh Joshi Please note, but when I try to create the Purchase reqeusition with same account assignement and material code, AVC is working. It is only for this combination for previous years POs I am not getting budget check... Please guide

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should assign FM objects to all this old open POs via FMCN/FMCT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

But,  AVC is working for the cases where Account Assignment is "K" and item category is "D" for OLD Purchae orders.. Only where account assigment is "K" and material code is given or blank budget is not checked. Shall I run the report for only those POs..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I tried to run the report  FMCN for the purhase order  where there is already a cost center & GL account mentioned (and for this Purchase order AVC is not getting triggred).

I have given the fund center I requried in the default account assignment. I have ticked all the options in "Control".  But I am not getting any display in test run or update run, neither I am getting any error.

In these type of PO, GL and Cost center exists and when the GRN is getting posted, after entry I also see the commitment item and fund center, but the system is not checking the budget and no error message is displayed... What is that I am missing? 

Pleae guide

Shailesh

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh
Important consideration here:
As Eli pointed out, you need to supply the open documents with a valid account assignment using the FM reassignment tools (FMCN, FMCT and reconstruct FM docs with the tools listed in note 189761).

But the reason why you are seeing a difference between MIGO and other transactions like FB60, ME51N, or ML81N is that MIGO does not actively call Availability control, so the MIGO postings are permitted despite of not enough budget.

I assume you are using BCS, so please check note https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/755495 and implement BAdI BUAVC_CHECK_RESTRICT if you wish to enable AVC checks during MIGO.

regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Mar, thanks.

As we need the AVC at MIGO level, I will check out with the Badi..

Regards,

Shailesh