Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot Stock Tab - To Be Posted to Unrestricted-Use Stock

former_member1362799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please guide me for:

At the time of UD,sometimes i forget to enter the unrestricted stock quantity in inspection lot stock tab therefor quantity does not transfer into unrestricted stock and  its shown in QI.So,i want to make it mandatory.please suggest me,How to do it?

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek Bhojak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better option to check tick mark in Stock Posting automatically in QS51 but this setting only post the stock to Unrestricted stock. If you want to post it to other stock, then it is not possible.

Or you can use QMV2 T-code to post material in such case.

Regards,

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No! It is possible to post the stock to block also using QS51. The options are available in QS51 under posting proposal drop down menu.

Arijit has mentioned the sequence correctly. If QS51 is not suitable and users want some more custom control then exit would be the choice! Alternatively use of user status also helps up to some extent to establish such controls.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand I know that option is available. but every time we can't post the stock to block stock thats why we need to activate it to Unrestricted stock. and system will post it to Unrestricted stock after saving UD. But my question to him is that if they made that setting and they want to post it to Block stock then it is very difficult.

Better way use User Exit.

Regards,

Chaitanya

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes! This is more specific to UD codes. They can still have both the controls in place at the same time using 2 different UD codes say ACC and REJ. ACC will have unrestricted stock proposal while REJ will be with block stock proposal.

System will post the stocks as per the UD code the user opts. The limitation is that this does not stand true for partial stock posting. (partly to UU and partly to Block) Hence he (OP) should give thoughts on this and have to choose the way that suits to their organization!

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

One option is making the Stock Posting as Mandatory for Usage Decision as you plan.

Other option is using the TCode: QVM2 (Inspection Lot with outstanding quantities), which will give all the stock posting pending inspection lots.

Now the Choice is yours.

Thanks

Regards,

Bala

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Please activate "Stock Posting in Background" indicator in Tx QS51 for your UD code as shown below -

This should solve your purpose and complete stock form QI will be posted to Unrestricted stock/Blocked stock. This is a safer process I always recommend.

Otherwise, in case you still wish to so UD posting form 'Inspection Lot - Stock Tab' manually, but want to make sure that is there is no quantity selected, then the UD shouldn't be done, then you will have to make enhancement appropriately below -

QEVA0001  Enhancement: Quantity posting for usage decision

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee