cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfert project budget to plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Is there a way to transfer project budget to plan ?

I use IMCCP3 to transfer Plan to project budget, but now I need to do the opposite , is that possible ?

Thank you All

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Your budget data by definition is more consolidated, means total sums maybe with annual breakdown.

The plan data is by account and by period (by month), much more detail is there.

The system cannot produce that extra information automatically with a copy function, unless it is an enhancement with a custom logic.  I would rather consider it as a bad process design.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

There is no straight way. I have did similar process with previous clients some time ago. I am unable to test the same as PS is not active in my current system.

I remember using Planning board, report assignments, copying it to different Planning version.

Easiest method would be a two step process, where you can down load the Budget data and upload it to a new planning version. Are you using any other modules such as Funds Managmenet /IM etc?

Pal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishan,

I think they are updating the Budget directly and then want to copy the same back to plan to make the Plan Vs actual report work correctly. Is this the scenario?

regards

Pal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, as Pal said, we do that, so we need to copy budget to plan versions

Is that possible without devlopping ?

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

But you have written that you copy plan cost to budget using IMCCP3..

Anyways.. i don't think it is possible to copy Budget values in to Plan.. You need to develop a custom program to achieve this..

let's wait for others as well...

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

No it is not possible without developing....

Regards

Tushar

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

i think using IMCCP3 we can copy existing plan data to budget.

this will not delete plan data if we copy using this. why you need to reverse?

thanks

Sunil

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

What's the logic behind this? I don't get it... When you are copying plan cost into budget your plan cost is anyways available to you.. Then why you need to copy it back??

I don't think there is any standard t-code available to achieve this.. Though you can take help from your technical person to achieve this by writing a small piece of program..

Hope  it helps

Regards

Sammar