cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The messsage log in Bex planning workbook overwriting on the output layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've placed the message Log above the Analysis Grid ( 10 rows above ) in the Bex planning Workbook. It's planning working fine when there are limited number of messages but issue comes when there are lots of error messages and it overwrites on the output layout . I cannot keep the message log below the analysis grid as output data might be large and can overwrite the messages.

Is there any setting which can prevent this from happening ? . Appreciate inputs.

regards,

Satish M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

there is no standard for it, but you could create a small VBA.

What I usually do is

place the upper item

leave lots of lines empty (maybe 1000, so many, that whatever comes in the upper item it will fit in)

put the lower item

create VBA, which hides the lines between upper and lower item if there is not data within.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia ,

Looks like the solution you gave me will solve my issue.

I found some threads on VBA and was able to open the VBA editor but not sure where to write the code and also some help on the coding to eliminate the blank rows .

Could you please provide some inputs on it. Thanks.

Issue is resolved now..thanks

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I am no expert of VBA and the code we are using here was created by someone else. So I can not post the code since it is not mine.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

I am able to write the VBA code which is working exactly like you mentioned above but i have a minor issue here.

Scenario :

I input 20 error records( 20 rows) and i get 20 error messages ( 20 rows) and later i clear the error records and click on the "Refresh". but the blank rows just stays as is . The VBA code should hide the row as mentioned. but it is not doing it. I also have the option " Run macro in refresh" Turned on.

please let me know if i need to do anything else?

Regards,

Satish M

Answers (0)