cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger message based on other message

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to trigger an outbound message after receiving an inbound message in SAP GTS.

My case involves the communication for EMCS. Customs can send us a 'reminder message' IE802 which is a request for information. Upon this request, the optional outbound message 'Explanation of Delay' IE837 should become active.

The process activity linked to this message IE837 is set up as optional, because if customs does not send a reminder, we should be able to start/process other process activities.

I wanted to set up default data so that an entry is only found if the incoming IE802 is processed. I cannot set up default data which is always active because this would mean I would have to deactivate message IE837 in order to process another activity, and I could still need it at a later point in time.

I cannot find any field in default data which checks processed messages.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Mireille

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mireille,

I don't think this can be done using Default data. You need to implement BADI /SAPSLL/PRN_DET. You will find method MSG_DET_RESULT_MODIFY, where you need to write your conditions to activate or deactivate a message. But please note this is not going to bypass the standard Activity sequence flows unless and until you do something related to that.

Regards

Dhilipan

0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Thanks for your help. Eventually I was able to find information which the inbound message updates and I was able to use that in default data to activate the outbound message. So I had no need of the Badi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mireille,

Super.. that's a smart choice

Thanks!

Answers (0)