cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple feeder systems and logical system groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked this question a few days ago but I am still alittle unclear on which way to go. We currently have GTS 8.0 connected to one ECC 6.0 system and are running SPL screening, Embargo checks and legal control for license assignment.

The logical systems groups are LSG_ECC for ECC and LSG_GTS for GTS.

We are going to add a 2nd ECC system which I believe is 6.0 and was wondering since this is a totally different system and org structure do I need to create another logical system group for those logical systems.

I assume that when I connect the new ECC system I will create a new logical system for ECC but I can still use the LSG_GTS logical system for GTS correct?

Is there any comprehensive document that describes the details of connecting multiple feeder systems to GTS?

Also I assume the plug in needed in ECC is based on the version of GTS it's connecting to?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This system would not duplicate any materials or customers. I assume if I put them in the same logical group I would need to rationalize any customers or materials that may be the same in both systems and by creating a separate logical group I won't have to worry about cleaning up any customers or materials.

I'm pretty sure I want to create separate logical systems for the two different ECC instances but I want to be sure that's the best decision.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Yes, with a separate LSG, you don't need to worry about clean-up, but beware that the separation also brings the need to classify the Products separately for each LSG.  If those Products are actually the same in each system, then that's double work.  And, to a lesser extent, you might want to consider the database impact of having two lots of records in the system.

I think we've covered the main considerations for your decision.  I hope that answers the question, but please revert if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Dave

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Help document gives hint already

Best regards,

Vincent

-------------------------------------------------------------

Logical System Group

The group of logical systems can be used to combine several backend systems that are connected to SAP Global Trade Services.

Use

If the organizational units and document structures are identical in the various backend systems, the amount of maintenance required to map document data can be significantly reduced using the group of logical systems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Each SAP system in the landscape should have its own unique Logical System name.  You will get into serious problems if that's not the case (maybe someone else can provide more information here?).

GTS gives you the opportunity of grouping Logical Systems into Logical System Groups.  And for multiple systems, that can give significant advantages.

Whether or not you should group your ECC systems depends on your master data.  If the business partners (and materials, if relevant) are the same in both ECC systems, then it makes sense to use the same Logical System Group for both.  That's to say, if you ask GTS to screen customer 123, will it have the same meaning independent of which ECC system issues the request?

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave