cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root org unit not passed when data element's RFC gets called

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm creating a second org chart because I need different (complex) filtering.

For that I created a copy of the RFC's and created two new Data Elements.

One for the the org hierarchy and one for the position hierarchy. (Very similar to the original org chart)

After this I create a new Data Element Hierarchy, again nearly identical as the original org chart, but this time using the new data elements that are linked to the custom RFC's.

The ID's and parent ID's in the general settings have been setup and the root org unit has been defined.

Save, publish, nada. "Cannot find the root of your orgchart.".

When I enable the RFC trace I see that all (except the defaulted values) are empty! The root org unit is thus not passed in any of the fields (I believe it should be passed in the ORGUNIT_ID field first to get the info of the root org unit and after that in a new call using the PARENT_ORGUNIT_ID field.

It's not a publishing issue, because I've been having this across builds, published and loaded new builds many times.

There is no difference in the logs between loading up the working original "Organizational Structure" hierarchy and my (nearly identical) custom hierarchy.

Any help is welcome, because I'm out of ideas.

BTW. This is with Nakisa OrgChart 4.0 SP1.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I suggest stop/start the OrgChart application via NW Administrator?

If you have altered data elements, they can be incorrectly cached.

If you still have the same issue, can you copy your data element XML here?

Stephen

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The NW server has been restarted (multiple times).

Original org hierarchy org unit data element: [XML] OrgUnitHierarchyDataElement.xml - Pastebin.com

Additional org hierarchy org unit data element: [XML] OrgUnitHierarchyDataElementUnion.xml - Pastebin.com

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, so the problem is that you don't pass any input params in your new data element.

See whole section in the standard file between <inputs> and </inputs>.

Regards,

Stephen

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see! Interesting!

In which step of creating the data element in the admin console would these inputs be defined?

I believe it are the checkboxes that I have marked in this screenshot?

I'm 99% sure I did select those, will check asap.

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it would seem you have done the step. Did you click the pencil next to each one to set each parameter? (see p200, section 14.3.4 Import Parameters from the Admin Guide - "OrgChart_VSN40_SP1_Admin_En.pdf")

If you did all these steps and can repeat the issue, then it would be worth raising as an OSS.

Quickest way to fix would be to amend the XML file in the .delta folder, reload the build and publish.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not select the pencil icon for each import parameter that I 'checked'.

Is that necessary even if I don't need to change the caption or source? (not stated in the guide)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think for some you will want to set the DefaultValue (see IM_EMPSTAT for example).

Others you want to set a WhereClause - see ORGUNIT_ID.

Refer to the standard element: [XML] OrgUnitHierarchyDataElement.xml - Pastebin.com

Stephen

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I did set a default value for IM_EMPSTAT before already (3).

The data element xml contents I shared were outdated.

This is the current version that I should have shared at first:  OrgUnitHierarchyDataElementUnionUpdated - Pastebin.com

You'll see that here I do have the import params.