cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web IDE – Error while Deploying Kapsel App to Local Hybrid Application Toolkit(HAT)

Mducity
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are using SAP Web IDE on HANA Cloud to develop custom Fiori application with Camera/Bar-code functionality. We are able to setup the Cloud Connector and HAT toolkit and tested/connections without error. We validated the local environment by executing command "check_env" and there was no error. But we are facing issues when deploying the Kapsel application from HANA Cloud to local Hybrid App tool kit(HAT).

I followed the document: SAP Web IDE Hybrid App Toolkit Add-on.

I've included all screen shots as well.

Testing STEPS: check_env file

I am getting below error message when we try to deploy Kapsel App to local HAT

If you have experienced this issue or if you think that we are missing something, please let me know. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

~Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LudoNoens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Take note that TODAY Web IDE will be updated to version 1.9.3 and the corresponding Hybrid Application Toolkit version is 1.2.6

You will notice that we've replaced the check_env script with a GUI based installation assistant, which makes the setup much easier. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ludo

Mducity
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Ludo for the quick update. Yes, I can see the new version of Web IDE 1.9.3, we will try with new version HAT 1.2.6 and keep you posted.

sgodugu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludo

The apk file generated is something like xxxx-debug.apk, is there any reason to add 'debug' to the .apk file? how to get the xxxx.apk file?

Regards

Sreenivas

Mducity
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludo

With the newer version, we are able to deploy at local environment. Again thanks for the help.

LudoNoens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu,

At the moment we build a debug version of the application. We have a backlog item to allow the end user to select debug / release builds; but this is currently not supported.

If you want to build a signed APK now, you can actually import the project into Android Studio. The steps for this:

1. Deploy project to local HAT

2. Run the CLI command cordova prepare in the generated project on your machine

3. Import the platforms/android folder as existing application in Android Studio.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ludo

sgodugu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludo...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Palani,

It seems you are using an older local HAT version than that of the Web IDE HAT plugin. In Web IDE HAT plugin v1.2, we use a different method to transfer the project zip file. You can check the hybrid plugin version via Tools > Preference > Plugins > Available Plugins.

Please try updating your local HAT to v1.2.

Regards,

Zhigao

Mducity
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Zhigao. I'll try with new version HAT 1.2.6. ~Ashok

sgodugu
Explorer
0 Kudos

check https://localhost:9010 in browser

hope you have given your web ide url in config.json

Mducity
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreenivas. Yes, we do have maintained the Web IDE URL in config.json file. Have you done it  before and able to connect to local Cordova and test the Simulator? please share your experience.

sgodugu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Palani

I am using latest vesion (1.2.3), its working fine.

Regards

Sreenivas