cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication from SAP BW to Oracle DB

0 Kudos

We just did a proof of concept using DMIS_2011_SP8 replicating data from BW to an external Oracle DB and it went very well.  A few notes had to be applied, as mentionned in the general note, and we were up and running in 4 days, having tested replication both ways.  I was very impressed by the speed on a non Hana environment.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

astridtschense
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

good to hear that you are satisfied also with the SLT for BW scenario! I have seen that you were a presenter at ASUG last year - is there a chance to get you on stage again for the SLT/BW scenario? We would be happy to make a joint presentation with you at this year's ASUG annual conference. Since the BW scenario is very important for a lot of customers I assume there would be a big audience interested in your project and results.

If you are interested please send me a mail to astrid.tschense-oesterle@sap.com .

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards

Astrid

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

that sounds great. Can you please share some more details regards the business background of the scenario and why you decided to use SLT. I expect you only replicate tables with keys, right. Any other furture plans with SLT on your roadmap, maybe replication into BW?

Best, Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Our main business case was to replicate data from BW (only tables with keys, i.e infoobjects and DSO's) to an external database (Oracle).  We had a lot of business logic built in our master data in BW, so the master data in BW is more complete than in ECC, which explains why our BW was the source for the project and not ECC.
We have other plans as well in the near future to replicate other tables from ECC directly to HANA, but this was not part of the project. 
We also covered the replication from Oracle as a source to BW as a target (through PSA and using the RFC function as well), because in the near future, we will also have to complement our BW info from an external Oracle DB.  Both ways (PSA and RFC) worked very well.  Only prerequisite when using the RFC method is that the table must exist in the target before loading, but it's really not a big deal to create it.

Extremely satisfied overall.