cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array not building array.

scott_selph
Participant
0 Kudos

I have an array that will not build an array of the values.  It is is printing each unique value of "{UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE}" in the details section on a new detail record, and then repeats.  Am needing the array to print all the values of {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} in one instance of the Print (Group Footer 2), followed by a hard character return (chr(10)) to list the next item in the array below the previous item.

Does anyone see any errors in the below?

Thanks!

Initialize (Group Header 2)

shared stringVar array JobNotes := "";

Shared numberVar x := 1;

Load (Details)

Shared numberVar x;

Shared stringVar array JobNotes;

x := x+1;

redim preserve JobNotes[x];

JobNotes [x] := {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} & " @" & totext({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCDATETIME}, 'yyyy-MM-dd') & " " & {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCEMPLOYEE};

Print (Group Footer 2)

whileprintingrecords;

Join(JobNotes,ChrW (10))

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

The Initialize formula should be:

shared stringVar array JobNotes := "";

Shared numberVar x := 0;

The Print formula should be:

Join(JobNotes,Chr(10))

Also, right-click this formula field > Format field > Common tab > Check 'Can Grow'.

-Abhilash

scott_selph
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.  The Print formula is now printing the desired results.  However, when I insert the "load" formula into the group headed it causes the "remaining ops" array to start duplicating results the same number of times as the count of JobNotes that are displayed.  Any idea as to why?

This is before:

This is after:

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Duplicates are usually due to an incorrect join.

A quick fix is to modify the formula so that it only accumulates unique values:

What is the code for the remaining ops formula?

-Abhilash

scott_selph
Participant
0 Kudos

1) How would I edit the formula to exclude unique values in the join?

2) Following is the code for the remaining ops.

Intialize JobOps (In Group2 Header)

shared stringVar array JobOps := "";

Shared numberVar x := 1;

Load JobOps (In Detail-supressed)

Shared numberVar x;

Shared stringVar array JobOps;

If {JobOperations.jmoProcessID} <> '' and {JobOperations.jmoProductionComplete} = 0 then

(

redim preserve JobOps[x];

JobOps [x] := {JobOperations.jmoProcessID};              

);

'';

Print JobOps (In Group2 Footer)

Join (JobOps, " ")

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try:

Shared numberVar x;

If {JobOperations.jmoProcessID} <> '' and {JobOperations.jmoProductionComplete} = 0 and Not({JobOperations.jmoProcessID} IN JobOps) then

(

redim preserve JobOps[x];

JobOps [x] := {JobOperations.jmoProcessID};             

);

'';

Also, the initialize should be:

-Abhilash

scott_selph
Participant
0 Kudos

In the Load JobNotes (original posted code), I am now getting the error "array dimension must be between 1 and 1000".  It is highlighting the line " redim preserve JobNotes[x]; "

Load JobNotes:

Shared numberVar x;

JobNotes [x] := {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} & " @" & totext({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCDATETIME}, 'yyyy-MM-dd') & " " & {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCEMPLOYEE};

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot use the same variable - 'x' in both the formulas. Change the JobOps formula to:

Shared numberVar y;

If {JobOperations.jmoProcessID} <> '' and {JobOperations.jmoProductionComplete} = 0 and Not({JobOperations.jmoProcessID} IN JobOps) then

(

y:= y+1;

redim preserve JobOps[y];

JobOps [y] := {JobOperations.jmoProcessID};            

);

'';

Also add the variable 'y' to the Initialize formula:

Shared numberVar y := 0;

-Abhilash

scott_selph
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, it is really close to what I need.  Only issue now is that the JobNotes are repeating.  Example if there are 5 unique notes, then the 5 notes are being repeated multiple times. See JobNotes column at far right.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use the same logic for the JobNotes code too:

Shared numberVar x;

If  Not({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} & " @" & totext({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCDATETIME}, 'yyyy-MM-dd') & " " & {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCEMPLOYEE} IN JobNotes) Then

(

)

-Abhilash

scott_selph
Participant
0 Kudos

Abhilash, thank you so much!  One last question (I hope).

If {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} is empty (null or ""), how would I exclude this from the array and add this to the "If not..." criteria?  Note that this is a memo field, thus I can't use the Select Expert to build a quick filter.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That would be:

If  {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} <> '' AND Not({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} & " @" & totext({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCDATETIME}, 'yyyy-MM-dd') & " " & {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCEMPLOYEE} IN JobNotes) Then

In the formula editor for this formula, make sure 'Default Values for Nulls' is selected from the drop-down on the top. The default selection in that drop-down is 'Exceptions for Nulls'.

-Abhilash

scott_selph
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.  My report is now exactly as I wished/needed.

I cannot convey my gratitude for all of your assistance.  I sincerely thank you for taking time to assist me on my report.

scott_selph
Participant
0 Kudos

Would you please revisit this?  If {JobOperations.jmoProcessID} is null, then this array does not print the {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE}.  I don't see how the ProcessID is affecting the Note.

Here is the load you coded for the "Notes"

Shared numberVar x;

If  ({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE}) <> "" and Not({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} & " @" & totext({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCDATETIME}, 'yyyy-MM-dd') &

" " & {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCEMPLOYEE} & "***" IN JobNotes) Then

(

JobNotes [x] := ({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} & " @" & totext({UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCDATETIME}, 'yyyy-MM-dd') & " " & {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCEMPLOYEE} & "***");

)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see why the Process ID field should cause this.

Could you open this formula and make sure 'Default Values for Nulls' is selected from the drop-down on the top?

Also, is this array being printed on the Group Footer? Perhaps the {UPORTALCLOCKS.UPCNOTE} field is blank?

-Abhilash

scott_selph
Participant
0 Kudos

The default for nulls is selected.  Here is an excel version created via SQL.  The Note field contains data.

Answers (0)