cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP CRM the right module for me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi eveybody!

I come to you guys today because I have decided to take my career on the path of SAP and I think I will go for the CRM module, but I will love to have your opinions to be sure that I am making the right choice.

I am actually looking for a SAP module that could fit my background and skills:

– I have a master in Mangement.
– I speak English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
– I already work in a SAP ERP implementation (rollout) as a PS Trainee for 4-5 months : I assisted in the eleaboration of the blue print configurations, tests and train users.
– More recently, I have been working, for 1+ year, in Market Research.

I am really having a hard time deciding which module should I choose; I think the best options in my case are:

- PS (but I don t know if there is a demand for it).
- BI.
- CRM.

So, could anybody help me select the right module?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Regards,
Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

as you mentioned you want to go more into the functional direction, as the writers said before CR100 is a good start for sure, and there is plenty material on the net. If you head into Sales, Marketing, Service direction, CRM is always there, complimenting products/knowledge will be for sure SAP hybris Marketing and Cloud for Customer, Master Data Management is usually a topic, but highly dependent on the respective customer(s) you deal with.

kind regards,MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you MJ!

I am pretty sure now that I will go for a training for functional CRM but, like I was asking Ravi, do you think I should invest to get the CR100 and an other more specialize (CR300 or CRM600) at once?

Because I do not know if there is a demand in the market for Consutant only with CR100... what do you think?

And thanks again for taking the time to help me!

Regards,

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandor,

You have to go through step 1 to go onto further steps. CR100 is the stepping stones for CRM customizing & agreed the demand is higher in market but you have to grasp alphabets before making them into words and sentences.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah ok! I just was thinking that u have to take choose one since the begining, but it s true what you say.

Thanks a lot Ravi!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a CRM system at your disposal, then you practice most of CR100 topics yourself with the help of SDN but if you do not have a CRM system, then training.sap.com is the way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah ok! Thank you Vinay,I do not have it at my disposal that is why I want to go for the training.

Regards,

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

As a Technical Consultant, who has got some exposure in SD, MM, FI & CRM and BRM, SAP PI/XI, I would suggest you should narrow your need in terms of technical and functional ( business ) perspective as well.

Also, you can actually go through the base business processes & Scenarios in all the modules of your choice. This will give you a more insight of each module & based on your understanding of business process you can narrow down the list.

If you choose CRM, Base customization would be a nice topic to begin with.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Ravi!

I think I will go for the functional way, I think if the best for me, rather than technical because for what I saw in my short experience with the PS module, you need knowledge of ABAP for to be technical, right?

I was checking the training for SAP CRM and I got confuse; how exactly does it work? I mean, how many certifications do I have to pass?

I saw this curriculum:https://training.sap.com/sa/en/curriculum/crm_ent-crm-enterprise-g-en

This is the one I should take, as a beginner or is it an other one?

Thank you again help!!

Regards,

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandro,

As per my understanding, You hit the right link as the curriculum is exactly what you need for SAP CRM skiils.

You can begin with CRM overview & CR100 which has all the base customizing details.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Ravi!

But I have a doubt, to be consider a SAP CRM Consultant is ok if I just get the CR100 for now or I should go for one of the most specialize ones at the same time? Because they are kind of expensive and I wanted to know what kind of investment I need to do.
Do you know if there is a demand for people with only the CR100?

Thank you again!

Regards,

Alejandro