Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Desktop 1.23 displays only splash screen

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A number of days ago, I have upgraded my Lumira Desktop from 1.22 to 1.23 . Afterwards I launched it and it appeared to work fine.

Then I tried to connecting to a BO-Universe, on our Bi 4.1 SP5.2 platform. At that moment, apparently something went wrong.

When I now launch 1.23, it only displays the splash-screen and nothing further happens.

I'm quit sure it is caused by some corruption in my Windows-7 profile (64 bit). This because, If I;m logging in with a newly created local user on my PC, Lumira works fine.

I have tried to deleted some SAP-subfolders in my profile (C:\users\<MyUserName>\AppData\local) but it does not help.

I have also tried by : 1) uninstalling Lumira; 2) cleaned some registry-entries; 3) rebooted my PC; 4) re-installed Lumira .

But also this does not help

Does anybody have any idea how I can resolve this (and what the cause can be)

Many  thanks

Eddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ocula,

Are you using the free version? Can you change your system date to an older date (say a month before) and try opening Lumira and let us know if it works.

Regards

Shankar

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Tammy, I just now followed the full de-install instructions but it did not helped

I also set my system-date back (altough I do not have  the free version), but it also did not helped.

Anybody any idea how to go further ? Deleting all LUMIRA registry-entries ?

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ocula,

That is weird. One last time can you try the following?

1. Change your system time settings to a old date ( prob a month old from now )

2. Open run (Win+R) and type %APPDATA%

3. you will be taken to the Roaming profile folder. Navigate to the parent folder

4. You will find the local profile folder, inside that navigate to SAP -> Lumira -> Database

5. Delete all the contents of the folder

6. Clear all the contents of the folder iq-logfiles

7. Start Lumira.

The path would be this ( If windows is installed in C drive )

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\SAP\Lumira\

Replace username with your current user.

Regards

Shankar

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Shankar, insite C:\User\<UserName>\AppData\Local\SAP, there was even nu Lumira subfolder anymore, as I deleted in through one of the previous attemps to fix it.

It seens that, whule luanching Lumira, the program does not come so far anymore that it again created the Lumira-subfolder.

But , as I said earlier, when I'm trying it with another (local) user on the same PC, Lumira launches nornally.

So I guess I need to try to delete soem registry-Entries of my "current User". Will try to find some time for this and will let you know the outcome.

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ocula, there should have been some mishaps happened when the registry was touched. I faced the same issue and the above fix i mentioned helped me out. But do keep updated on what went wrong. I will also think of some other possible things to try.

You could also try exporting the Lumira registry entries of the working user and importing into this user to see if that works. This will help us isolate the problem if it got to do with the registry.

Peace

Shankar

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Shankar, I;m afraid my problem got worse :

1. I de-installed Lumira
  2. I followed the additional steps to delete .sapvi folder(s), ...
  3. I cleaned some registry entries
  4. Rebooted the laptop
  5. Re-installed Lumira
    1. it appears that the installation was sucessfull (the install-wizard completed normally)
    2. But the install was not fully done. For example, there is only a subfolder extensions under the folder C:\program files\SAP Lumira\Desktop . No other files or subfolders. Also no SAPlumira.exe

As a result, I cannot even launch Lumira anymore

Unless you (or somebody else) have a further idea on how I can solve this, I'm preparing my pc to have it re-imaged tomorrow

Eddy

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ocula,

Thats bad! Looks like yours is some special case. maybe due to registry or other problems. I have not faced this issue to actually sit and figure out.

Hope you get your system fixed up!

Regards

Shankar

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Shankar (all), just to inform you : my issue is fixed, and I do know the original reason. Below the steps I took :

1. Last week Wednesday my laptop was re-imaged
  2. On Thursday I re-installed Lumira. After the install, I launched it and all seems to work
  3. I re-installed other software....
  4. Then I was trying to test Lumira further. And saw I had the same problem again.... hanging in splash-screen
  5. By co-incidence I discovered a few days back that Lumira did launched normally when I was not on VPN  (I'm working 80-90% of my time through VPN towards my company's network/infrastructure). So I thought the VPN-client was blocking a port or something.
  6. I decided to wait until I was able to connect to my company's LAN (so no VPN needed)
  7. Today I'm on the LAN. And had the same issue. So I could exclude VPN
  8. Then I was thinking that Lumira is maybe trying to connect to something on the Internet.
  9. So I looked in the preferences (after launching it with the network-cable disconnected , and saw , in  the "Network-preferences", that the default Proxi-setting was "Use System Proxi Settings".
  10. I changed this to "No Proxi"
  11. Quit Lumira Desktop
  12. Connect the LAN-cable again
  13. Launched Lumira Desktop and .. it is working

So issue solved

Apparently something goes wrong when the preferences are set to "Use System Default Proxi"

Maybe SAP has to think on setting the default to "No Proxi" in next release ?

Eddy

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

Happy that it got solved, I will maybe try out the scenario that you had (if its possible ) with using VPN.

Regards

Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

WangMeng
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Seems this is really a proxy related issue.

https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/2177377

2177377 - Lumira Desktop stuck at preparing interface stage

But anyway i reinstall the Lumira desktop, the issue is also solved.

Best Regards.

Meng

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddy:

Would you please look at this thread: http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2015/02/27/whats-new-in-sap-lumira-123-summary#start=25

See what Sharon says "

Can you please see if cleaning cache via the following flag in the SAPLumira.ini file helps?

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=false

Install drive:\Program Files >SAP Lumira > Desktop > SAPLumira.ini

"

Also check your preferences

Tammy

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Tammy, it does not help. The splash-screen displays at the end "Preparing user interface". Then nothing happens anymore.

Any further idea how I can solve this ?

Eddy

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddy - I am sorry to hear

Did you install the 32 bit or 64 bit Lumira?  Could you install the 64 bit Lumira?

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Tammy, it is a 64bit-version. Filename : SAPLUMIRA6423_0-20009491.exe

Eddy

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy - the only other thing I can think of is this: have you followed the steps listed here