Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publications in BI 4.1, SP4.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are on BI 4.1 SP4 Patch 4.

While creating and working on publications on top of BICS based webi reports we are seeing an issue.

There is a dynamic recipient report containing the email id's of the users and there is a main report which is sent as a publication based on the set of email id's which appear as output in the dynamic recipient report and then sends the filtered output to each email recipient.

When the Dynamic recipient report which contains target email ids is set to refresh on open and is purged, the Main report which is to be sent as publication does not pick any mail id recipient(considers output in recipient report as blank) and hence no mail recipients is processed.

When refresh on open is removed from Dynamic recipient report and it is saved with data and refreshed manually daily, the main publication report picks up the email id's from the recipient report and functions correctly. This means for the publication to send the updated output, i need to refresh the recipient email id report daily manually.

Also, i didn't see any setting in CMC to pick up latest instance of the dynamic recipient report by scheduling it.

Have anyone of you guys come across this behaviour?

BOBJ environment: BI 4.1 SP4.4, Windows server 2008 R2

BW environmment: BW 7.3

Thanks and regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishesk,

Actually while defining publication - Dynamic Recipients; try unchecking the option "Use Entire List". Once you uncheck it, you are supposed to see your Dynamic recipient report values below that. Let me know if you are seeing expected values here.

Some screen shots would help as well.

I am working on same scenario and used WEB I report using unx as my dynamic recipient for another WEB I report. Both are set to refresh on open and I have row level security for both. But it appears to be working so far. I am on BOBJ 4.1 SP5 Patch 3.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Even I am working on BOBJ 4.1 SP5 but I am also facing the same problem.

When the webI Report (report with email - ids) is saved with data then we are able to see values in the "Dynamic Recipients" section while creating Publication. We are seeing the above when we uncheck the "Use Entire list" checkbox in "Dynamic Recipients".

If we flush the data of Webi Report that is being used as email-Id provider and save it and then try to create publication, then we will not be able to see any values at the time of creating publication after unchecking the "Use Entire List" checkbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you save the Dynamic recipient List report with 'Refresh on Open'? If not please do that and try. It worked for me.

I am using IDT universe based on Teradata. I was able to get this working.

arne_vanhoof2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same issue.

For example in my webi report I do have 15 users, when I go to the publication and uncheck use entire list he only displays 6 users, no idea why the other users are not being shown.

kelly_stone1
Participant
0 Kudos

I am having the same, exact issue.  As I see it...the dynamic...isn't as such....

Looking forward to any posts.

Kind regards,

Kelly