Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In smartform how to apply different patterns for table line types?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to apply different patterns for line types of the table. As of now if i apply any pattern,the same pattern in getting apply for all the line types. How can i apply line type wise pattern like shown in attached pic?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I already tried with that. I'm not able to select particular line type, its allowing to select entire line types only. How can select specific line type here,any idea?.

20 REPLIES 20

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ist you decide which line type you want to take in header,main,and footer..

after that..by right click you can assign the line type..eg. type1,type2..etc

and you can also assign multiple line type to..main,header and footer acc. to ur.requirement

regards,

harish yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your reply.But My query is about applying different patterns(Borders) for the Line types not about using line types.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Select all the cells in line type and by selecting the pattern you can assign the specific pattern to each line type.

Hope it helps .

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I already tried with that. I'm not able to select particular line type, its allowing to select entire line types only. How can select specific line type here,any idea?.

0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all go to table and disable pencil icon, once you disable the pencil icon you can able to select particular cell..as shown in below screen-shot and later you can set border for selected cell

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to select a cell and apply the pattern. I'm able to select the cell but if i select any pattern it is getting apply for entire line types..not able to apply pattern for particular cell.have you tried the same, able to apply for particular cell?.

0 Kudos

once you select the pattern for selected cell it will automatically get applied to that particular cell only..

yes i have tried.. below is the screen shot of different patters for cells..

2nd cell with full border pattern and others are with right line pattern ..

0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope it is not possible for different patterns for cells in single line type , You can use different patterns for different line types .

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

I tried again but I'm not able to apply pattern for particular cell. In setting anything i have to change?.. I'm attaching here my table painter settings.

0 Kudos

below  are settings at my side.. please check ..

0 Kudos

Same kind of settings only I'm also having, But not able to apply cell wise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one help me out?..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to know how we can make pattern like mentioned in above img for a particular cell.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

To do like that use the following marked fields to use patterns for specific cells .

0 Kudos

Hi SP,

You can have multiple row with different Line Type in main area of table.

And also, if required give conditions for each row.

WR,

Sreekanth

0 Kudos

No its not possible to apply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea guys?.

0 Kudos

Hi Singaravel,

Its working for me also as kunal said, try to recheck once in another form?

The only way, where your settings and mine changed is transparent table is checked for me, but i tried unchecking and creating, its still working.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Singaravel,

It's also working fine for  me as kunal said. Please try once again from your end as like the settings mentioned above by kunal.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh,Anjali and Kunal,

I tried again and able to apply cell wise border. The thing is instead of selecting boarder I have selected patterns so I was not able to. Thanks every one.