cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BusinessObjects Analysis 1.4, Powerpoint column limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've been given a requirement to create a predefined set of Powerpoint slides which the end user would then populate with data, selecting the required fiscal period(s) and other selections. For this, I've created several BEx Queries which I will insert into the Powerpoint deck and the end users will then just refresh the data monthly (or whenever).

I started creating the slide set but ran into a problem: If I have a table which has more then 12 columns, Analysis for Powerpoint will cut off the remaining columns and just leave a [ ... ] in the last column! And there is no way of forcing over 12 columns to appear. Example below:

I've tried to insert the table using Analysis For Excel's Create Slide -function and directly in Analysis for Powerpoint but both ways yield the same results.

I'm connecting directly to BW and using a predefined BEx Query. Are there parameters somewhere or a configuration table which would allow me to select how many columns I can add to a Powerpoint slide? This isn't a Powerpoint limitation, since I can easy create a slide with 22 x 22 cells.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Karri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karri - please see this KBA http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2122171

It looks like you need to change the registry setting so it will go beyond 12 columns.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Tammy! That worked like a charm. You're awesome!

/Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

An additional question regarding these registry entries: how did you know about these additional entries? Does SAP have any documentation regarding this?

Another dilemma I'm often faced with in Analysis for Powerpoint is how to maintain the styling of tables. For example, using the bold text feature does not stay on on the report when I refresh the data.

Thanks!

Regards,
Karri

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karri - yes, SAP has documentation on the registry entries in the SAP Help https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100019922252014E/14SP10_aaoffice_admin_en.pdf (SMP logon required)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks. I can see that there are a lot of registry entry examples in the Admin guide but none are specific to the Analysis for Powerpoint application

Any ideas if those are in a separate document?

Regards,

Karri

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't look for that entry specifically

For your question I went to support.sap.com/notes and searched and found the KBA.

Good to see you are using the PowerPoint add-in

Answers (0)