cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error selecting a dimension member in BPC EPM report - The given key was not present in the dictionary

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently running SAP BPC 10.1 NW on Hana

Version:

CPMBPC  810 SP 4

SAP_BW  740 SP 9

HANABPC 810 SP 4

EPM Excel Add-in 10 SP 21 .NET 4 build 9094.

On my embedded model. I have a BEX query on a aggregation level which I access in a report using the EPM Add-in Excel .

When I edit my report in EPM Add-in Excel , and I try to select the dimension members for a selected dimension member, I get the following error.

"The given key was not present in the dictionary"

Any assistance to help resolve the problem will be appreciated.

Regards

Gavin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Constantijn, I had the same issue. I was able to resolve it. Search for the EPMXLClientPreference.xml on you local  machine.  :\Users\username\AppData\Local\EPMOfficeClient. I have remove this file by cute and past it to another folder. When you run EPM Add-in again it  will recreate this file again. This has fixed it for me. With Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue on Version 10.0 SP 26 .NET 4. Deleting the file was the solution, as you recommended

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information and help!

What an issue to uninstall and re-install without resolving this.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gavin,

This error appears to be a known issue  for your version of BPC and EPM Add-in.  A fix for it is being released in EPM add-in version SP22 which is due in the first week of June. 

As far as I know it has been confirmed that EPM add-in SP22 fixes the error.  Please let us know if after upgrading, in June, the issue is not resolved.  Thank you

Best Regards,

Leila Lappin

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

will do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leila,

We are on SP11 / EPM Patch 22 now but the error still exists on my PC.

Did you find a work around? I also tried the work around as suggested by Andre Parent but with no luck.

It appears to be a local PC issue but before reinstalling my PC of which I am not sure  it will solve this issue I would like to try some alternatives.

Thanks and best regards,

Constantijn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you resolve the issue?

I have the same issue in Excel 2013 - EPM Add in: 10.0 SP 18 PATCH 1 .NET 4.

Thanks,

Petronilla

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

I had to reinstall my machine to be able to select a member from the EPM member selector.

However the underlying problem still exists , I raised a OSS with SAP to investigate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you re-install the EPM add-in or what?

Did SAP answer to you? thanks a lot

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I had to reinstall the OS on my machine Windows 8 professional 64 bit and all applications including Office 2013 professional, and the EPM Add-in.

SAP is still investigating.

Regards

Gavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am experiencing with the same issue. I am using EPM Add-in 10 SP19  .NET4 Build 8909. Did you get any reply from SAP?

Regards,

Mohammed

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP requested access to our system, to replicate the problem, but no resolution yet.

I reinstalled my machine OS and applications to resolve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

I am facing the same problem with EPM SP 21, patch 2. NET4. In addition SAP_BW 740 SP10

Was reinstalling the OS the only solution or did SAP provide a work around? Do you have a SAP note ?

Thanks and best regards,

Constantijn Pietersen

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Constantijn,

To resolve the problem , I had my laptop OS reinstalled and all the applications reinstalled.

I logged a SAP OSS 298805/2015 , they requested access to our system to investigate the problem , but I did not manage to follow up on their request. There is no SAP note as far as I am aware. 

Regards

Gavin

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks we tried the solution on a machine that had the problem and it resolved the problem.

Regards

Gavin

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

I am not sure about 10.1 embedded, but in 10.0 if you we get this kind of error , it may be because of recent master data change, to resolve it, we run UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE program in SE38 and clear the meta data cache.

Shrikant

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

The embedded environment is not available when running UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE.

I have cleared the meta data cache in the EPM Add-in and the problem still persists.

Regards

Gavin

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

Kindly refer the below link may be helpful

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

really?

I highly doubt that the link will help to resolve this issue.

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He mentioned that "Was missing MBR_SEQ!!! " so I was not so clear about what exactly the solution, that the reason I said may be helpful.

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I had a look at MBR_SEQ , it is a attribute on the dimension member in BW , this relates to a past version of BPC 7.5. We are currently on BPC 10.1 Embedded model , and the MBR_SEQ does not exist on any of the characteristics I have in my info cube.

When I create a web report I am able to access the dimension members using the select dimensions options, the problem seems to be on the EPM Add-in Excel client only.

Thanks

Gavin

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked on my 10.1 HANA system and to be honest I can't see any members at all while creating report from query

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

Anything in ST22?

former_member85978
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

No Short dumps in ST22