Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeid - duplicate created

cecilia_petersson2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm on BPC MS 10.0.4.0, and I have a time dimension for 2013-2016 with one input period per year (see attached). I've created timeid's as per standard for the months (YYYYMM00) and the years and quarters have 10000002, 10000003 etc, starting on 2013.TOTAL. The problem is that the system automatically creates timeid's for my input periods that are identical to those of year and quarters of 2013. I've tried to enter 90000001, 90000002 etc and also 11000001, 11000002 etc but the system reverts back to the duplicates. The system writes correctly to timeid 10000006 when entering data on 2016.INPUT (presumably because 2013.Q4 is calculated) but I assume there will be a conflict if using TMVL in script logic.

Any thoughts on this?

/Cecilia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecila,

from the screenshot the rows seems mixed up I see first 2014, after 2013, etc. Try giving an ascending order from 201301 to 201612 and give a increasing sequence for total and quarters, i.e. start with 10000001 and if first "years" end with 10000006 continue in the second "year" with 10000007 ,,,

Regards

Roberto

cecilia_petersson2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto! Unfortunately, it still reverts back to the same as it did befor changing the order. Btw, the reason for me having the years in reverse order is that I want the budget year to appear as default in the BPF. But it seems it may not be a good idea to move around the periods if you can't control the time id's.

/Ceciila

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

sorry I didn't understood that this order was intentional, maybe it's a bug, but to be sure have you tried inserting in the second group (year) that next numbers, i.e. 10000007 etc. (from your screenshot) instead of other  numbers?

"but I assume there will be a conflict if using TMVL in script logic"

never tried but i think TMVL user the PRIOR property (if this is still present in 10 version) so it can works also with duplicate timeID, in SQL you will not have problems using timeID in query because you have only children but you can have problems if you use parents in reports or MDX.

You have to try or revert back to the old order.

Regards

Roberto

cecilia_petersson2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

When reverting back to the original, chronological, order and removing the entries in UserTimeId it worked. Not sure what the connection is with but at least the TImeId is now correct.

/Cecilia

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecilia,

it seems a bug you can try to open an incident with SAP, just a note about your last time dim: for TimeID I find better to set it for the month in aaaamm00 format having only for parent the progressive numbers.

This is useful when you use SSMS and you build query to search data, why it's difficult to remember what TimeID correspond to 2016 nov.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (0)