cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check the cost per hour of a work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I need to make some calculations to determine if a change in work tools is justified. Basically, on our CNC machines, we have one operation that requires 2 tools of lower value (drilled hole using a bit, tapered at the top with a reamer). Tech department has proposed we switch to a new single tool that replaces the 2 previous, resulting in a faster operation time (drill bit with reamer). I'm sorry, I don't know the correct name of the tools in English, but that's beside the point anyway.

The tool is more expensive than the 2 previous tools combined, but allows for a larger number of holes to be drilled compared to the old drill bit, but less tapers than the actual reamer can do. Assuming the bit does about 1000 holes before needing replacement and the reamer about 5000, I divide the total cost of the tool by the amount of operations it can perform and I get a aprox. cost per hole for each tool. The new tool does about 2000 then needs replacing. Being more expensive, I have worked out that at it's most basic level, the cost per hole is a bit higher for the new tool.

Now, however, I need to factor in the gain from the time reduction. For that I need to know the machine cost per hour.

My question: what TA can I use to check the total running cost for a workplace, given a specific time period, or the cost for a predefined time period? I was thinking of somehow using MM03 for that, but I can't since the TA seems to be pulling a production variant that involves several conventional machines instead of the variant that uses the CNC. If I could somehow get MM03 to pull the correct production variant for calculations, then I could maybe use that. Any ideas?

All help greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Cost esitmate is done using CK11n.

Cost estimate display using CK13.

The rate per activity can be maintained in KP26 against the cost center.

Contact your FICO consultant for the details.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Answers (0)