cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs assigned to Org Units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be its a Basic question, but wanted to know whether it is mandatory to assign jobs to Organization units.Pls guide me on this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot create a job with a relationship to Org unit. A sample evaluation path is OSP, i.e org unit, Position, & Person.

You can relate a position with a job & position with a org unit.

Search before posting these questions. a lot of topic are available related to your question.

Thanks & Regards,

Jayabarath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through links but could not find what exactly i wanted.

If i maintain evaluation path as O-S-C,i would know which org unit have what jobs.Am i correct?

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Bashir_Hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

only Org. unit relate with Position and Position relationship with job.

NO JOB ASSIGN TO ORG UNIT

Regards;

Bashir Ahmad

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It completely varies with requirement, Job - it is a piece of work or some kind of task according to the task or work we will have to define Job details, when it comes to the SAP we can define here like Positions described by a job or Job describes position i.e X position  let assume that X is Materials executive and his Job is Executive but it does not indicates that either he is a Materials executive or Sales executive it only says Executive is a job of an Organization.

Similarly when it comes to the Organization- Job if customer is asking to maintain job details of an Organization we have to give them provision since they might have given some kind of different task to each individual organization unit they might be performing it to identify it they need Job-Organizational unit relationship then we have to create and give them provision to maintain.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the replies. So is it like Jobs are not mandatory to be assigned to organization units but if clients requires it we can.But even if we dont assign there is no harm right?

Thanks

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, It depends on the requirement, required maintain not required do not maintain.

Regards

Venkatesh

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi., for clients, may be there is confusion as how Job is and Position is., technically, positions are being assigned to Organisational units and Jobs to Positions.

hope it helps!

-Kanuku

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you are clear with the concept close the thread as well.

Regards

Venkatesh

VKP
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Short assigning Jobs is NOT mandatory, but it is preferred to have jobs linked to Positions of employees.

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note the object "Job" is across the company. Examples are manager, secretary, systems analyst, programmer, etc. 

A position is created under an org unit (OU). It is assigned with a Job. 

There are different attributes to be created for an object, depending on the object type.

An Org unit's attributes are inherited by the subordinate OU's and positions under both top OU and subordinate OU's.

Some attributes like Cost Center if entered for a subordinate OU or position for a period, it over-rides the inherited attribute for the period its record is valid.

Similarly an employee assigned with a position inherits the attributes from his/her position/OU.  Here again the IT 27 will over-ride for the record's validity period.

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note the concept (e.g. job characteristics) in SuccessFactors(SF) for position/job is slightly different. Refer to relevant SF Help info.