cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give Groupware Inbound Queues in SMQ2 a higher priority?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are using Groupware Integration (Server-Server Scenario). Sometimes we ran into trouble when many systems send data also to the same inbound queue and it takes sometimes a long time until the groupware inbound queues are processed. As I understood it is not possible to give our groupware queues a higher priority in SAP Standard? What we could do so the groupware queues are always processed first before other queues are processed?

Best Regards,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does exist there any BADI where we can influence the processing of the queues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

We can not priorities any registered queues but yes we can de- regestered other queue when traffic  increases so that queue scheduler only clear groupware related queues and when it queues clear than somebody again has to register queue which were de-registered.but somebody has to monitor the middleware ....

Second option : there is an another way you can achieve your requirement. You need to use SAP standard report RSQINWKEX and need to schedule it as a back ground job.this clear inbound queues by activating them.You need to create a variant where you save the Groupware queue name example .CSA* so that it only run for a specific queue.this way you can priorities the groupware queues as queue scheduler take care those queues first which are in running / ready status rest it put on wait status in case resources are not free. when report will run it will pick all the groupware queue and change there status to running status. I have schedule it in my project.and it\s working fine. job duration will be 5 minutes as it's very small report.

you can test it before implementing it up to you..

Thanks,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

thank you for your reply and I did some investigation about the report RSQIWKEX. This report (see SAP Note 1621492) is used to reset any inbound queue in error state so that it could be re-processed by the inbound queue scheduler.

In other words this might be not the best way to give these queues a higher priority. Anyway you write that the report is picking up all queues (which are named as defined in the variant of the report e.g. ISP*) and sets the status to runnng status which would mean that they are prioritized as you described before. But I could not find any hint in all SAP Notes as SAP just describes that the status will be reset and not set to running status.

Do you have any more hints here?