cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO: Output before release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a requirement to output purchase orders automatically before the final release is done. We are using a multistep release procedure. I've checked various blogs but couldn't find a working answer. It is obvious that parameter NAST-SNDDR is the lock set by the release procedure. I tried to remove it (via UE EXIT_SAPMM06E_012) but without success. I also considered an enhancement on MM06EF0N_NACHRICHT_MODIFIZIERE but also without success.

Does someone know the answer for this problem?

KR

Jimmy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I finally found a solution. I made it work via EXIT_SAPMM06E_012 and modifying XNAST-SNDDR.

The problem is that several includes were deactivated in my print pgm (a Z-version of the standard SAP). After activating them, it worked.

Kr

Jimmy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I am aware this cannot be accomplished in standard design. Which means that unless the PO is released SAP will not process the output type - it will always stay in status 'not processed'.

I have faced this requirement where some buyers prefer to take a 'trial printout' and verify the paper PO before approving/submitting to supplier.

You could create a separate ABAP program to output these POs as pdfs or direct to printer even if the PO is not released and output type has status 'not processed'.

Bear in mind that a PO does not become a legal contract to provide goods unless sent to supplier and acknowledged by him based on terms of acceptance. With copies of unreleased POs being printed, there is a high potential someone will send unreleased POs to suppliers unless they are clearly marked "Not released for ordering"

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same is discussed many times in SCN. You may check the thread:

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jimmy,

PO is a legal document, until and unless released, if you have taken print out it will be create a big issue as per Account authority.

Please find the below thread for your help.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2040688