cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAD - Drop down list does not provide values for hierarchy nodes

florian_gradwohl
Explorer
0 Kudos

I experience an issue when trying to filter Hierarchy Nodes in a Dropdown Box in a Web Report.

I have defined a hierarchy for Organizational Units (0ORGUNIT):

This Hierarchy is also used in all Queries used in the Web Report.

In WAD i set a Dropdown Item for this characteristic:

When starting the web Report, i am able to select the Hierarchy Node "254 - KC" but all i get is an error message:

When executing the same query in BEx Analyzer, the query delivers the correct values of the hierarchy node "254 - KC" in the filter:

I hope someone can help me to implement the Dropdown Item correctly, so that Hierarchy nodes work. Using the Hierarchil Filter Selection works, but ist just not as a userfriendly and therefor not really an Option for us.

Thanks for your help,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

If you are on some version over than BI 7.0, in WAD dropdown item does not show the hierarchy.

yu need to add hierarchical_filter_item instead. Even though you have 0orgunit hierarchy active in your query, when you use it in WAD with a dropdown box, it behaves as if the hierarchy is not active. So when you select the node, only related data on that node is displayed. In your case, I think you have no data for the node selected, but have data for the undernodes. Try using a hierarchical_filter_item.

Hope it gives an idea

Regards

Yasemin...

florian_gradwohl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemine,

thank you for the information.

Actually I already used the Hierarchical Filter Item in my web report, but wanted to switch to the dropdown item, because it is much more userfriendly.

In an other discussion (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3265998) I saw that dropdown items support hierarchies, but the information that this is not supported for versions over BI 7.0 is kind of a sad development.

When using the Hierarchical Filter Item, is it possible to just show short despription? Right now the Filter Item looks very overwhelming:

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Florian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Are the queries here all have the ORGANIZATIONAL unit? Are they also using same VARIABLE for ORGANIZATIONAL unit?

Regards,

Loed

florian_gradwohl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

actually all queries have 0ORGUNIT. This characteristic is also relevant for authorization, therefore all queries are restricted to a Hierarchy Node Variable which checks the users authorization:

Regards,

Florian

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

So you are saying that all queries have the VAR_ORGUNIT_HIERNODE_AUTH in their filter?

How about the ISTHEADCOUNT? Can you recheck it?

Regards,

Loed

florian_gradwohl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

yes, the Data Provider ISTHEADCOUNT is restricted to the Variable VAR_ORGUNIT_HIERNODE_AUTH.

Screenshot of Data PRovider ISTHEADCOUNT:

Screenshot of Characteristic Restrictions of Query VHA_Q_HERTOOL_HEADCOUNTACT_0001:

I checked all other Queries and in each Query this Variable is selected in the Characteristic Restrictions and in all Queries the Hierarchy [ORGEH] is activated as well.

Regards,

Florian