cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortened fiscal year

0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Our customer is already gone live. Unfortunately he has a shortend fiscal year. As far as i am concern its not possible to Switch to a different fiscal year after going live.

Is there any option who to solve this?

Thanks to all and best regards

Avinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinay,

If you want to switchover the fiscal year variant then it can be possible if no postings are created

have you already done with the postings ? can you reverse them ?

If postings are reversed then you can delete the fiscal year then change the fiscal year variant and assign the fiscal year variant to your set of books again.

But highly not recommend if you have already posted the journal entries

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

Yes, there are lots of postings as our cutsomer is working since more then a year with ByD.

Any other solution??

How about to creat a new Company? With new organizational Management?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinay,

So is it ok for the exising company to have with shorten fiscal year ? Which set of book you make as default then for reporting if you create new company ?

To  my understanding it will be complicated to try anything like that, but you can report an incident so that we can check in your system and suggest something if anything can be done or not.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

0 Kudos

Hi Avinay

This is an approach that I have suggested to some companies. You have to be aware, that you implement in the same tenant a new company with all the pro's and con's (e.g. no re-use of same org ids, new fixed asset ids, but reuse of materials, suppliers, etc.). Also migration is needed again.

I would suggest to request a 1:1 copy for testing this approach first. And do not forget the new set of book with the new fiscal year variant.

Best regards

Marlene

0 Kudos

Hi Marlene,

is it possible to discuss with you about single steps i have to take?

Best regards

Avinay

0 Kudos

Hi Avinay

Yes, we can discuss the necessary steps. Please drop me an email.

Best regards

Marlene

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helloo Avinay,

Please see the help center document :

Shortened Fiscal Year

What you can do is, you create year specific fiscal year variant and then from the next year onward define the fiscal year as per your need.

Regards,

Harshal

0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Not Helpful!

Regards

Avinay