Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase contracts in MD04

former_member218251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have a third party order process with seasonal demands. For this, we want to create contracts to make sure that when we have the third party sales order in place, it is available at our vendor against a pre-agreed price.

This is the process I have in mind:

1: Run MD61 to calculate sales values per month, using the season calculation.

2: From the MD61 the independent requirements will be available in MRP, basically as forecast values.

3: From the MRP requirements we create a contract with a monthly requirement (not sure yet how to enter this into SAP).

4: Create source list entry for Vendor/plant/material number with the contract from point 3.

5: Create sales orders with ALES item category. These will automatically trigger the third party purchasing against the contract created in point 3.

6: Have the product delivered by vendor and administrate as expected in the Third party process.

So, basically: How do I translate my sales forecast using MRP to Purchasing contracts with a monthly 'position'.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Found this out, forgot the 2 in the source list. If you want to follow this process, this is how to do this:

1: Create scheduling agreement in ME31L.

2: Create source list entry with scheduling agreement (from point 1) as contract. De set MRP indicator to 2.

3: Set material master to be able to run MRP.

4: Create inforecord.
5: Run MD61 to calculate sales values and save.

6: Run MRP

>> You should now have a scheduling agreement with scheduled lines from MRP run, with the quantities from MD61

7: When now a sales order is created with ALES position type, it will automatically create a purchase order referenced to the scheduling agreement.

Answers (0)