Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Query not returning data when using a structure

oueslati_anis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We made an upgrade to 7.4 and we found out that some our queries developped with structure does not return data any more only from some selection ( actually one selection ) in the structure. Is there any one aware of such a problem with 7.4 and BEx ?

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please refer the following SAP Notes and check whether it helps you:

2092810 - Filter variable on structure becomes ignored

2101188 - BICS: Filter on structure element is reset to initial selection

2040915 - Structure Variable are missing on the variable screen

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna

oueslati_anis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

None of these KBI apply to our case. In our case we are not getting data from virtual provider, it is not structure related issue but infoprovider issue. We should be able to get data from virtual provider when restricting data on the virtual provider but we are not.

Kind Regards

Anis Oueslati

Former Member
0 Kudos

No structure problem known to me.

i remember 7.4 compared to previous releases had problems with

- 'before aggregation'  (not supported anymore) and

- (depending on your SP level) attribute hierarchy selections combined with not using hierarchy in displaying

Maybe one of these do apply?

oueslati_anis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I agree with you, there is no issue on the structure in fact after further investigation we found out the reason. Our query is based on a multiprovider containing a Infocube and a virtual infocube. The issue is that in the query the data are restricted to Virtual infocube before upgrade. after upgrade the virtual provider does not contain data any more and all data is in multiprovider. So removing the restriction display data again, but is this by design in SAP 7.4 or this is a regression ?

Kind Regards

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

what data is in infoprovider and what in virtual provider is depending on your datamodel.

Or is this a BI-content multiprovider?

In the last case it might be related to your upgrade but i expect data to come from both providers.

Regards,

Marco

oueslati_anis
Participant
0 Kudos

That is the second case. You mean that the virtual provider should also contain data even in 7.4 and this is only related to an error on the upgrade ?