Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM49 External Program Ended with Exit Code 32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to execute pgp command from SM49. It ended with exit code 32.

I can't seem to find the documentation for this exit code anywhere. Can anyone help?

I've checked the F'n Module: SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE but it's not there.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Uday

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

the exit code comes directly from the called external program.

When I call command WWI_GET_DIR which is UNIX "ls-l" command in our system with parameter "/home", I get a result list and exit code is "0". If I pass parameter "/ohme" exit code from "ls - l" is "2".

Regards,

Klaus

4 REPLIES 4

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

the exit code comes directly from the called external program.

When I call command WWI_GET_DIR which is UNIX "ls-l" command in our system with parameter "/home", I get a result list and exit code is "0". If I pass parameter "/ohme" exit code from "ls - l" is "2".

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Thank you Klaus.

I understand that. Like exit code 0 is for success, 2 is for incorrect parameter, what is 32 for? Any idea?

0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

exit codes 0 and 2 are from my sample calling unix command ls -l and 2 might be something like "path not found".

I don't know the exact command you use. Maybe an OS command guide will explain the exit codes ...

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Interestingly the command is to execute a shell script. Apparently there was an issue with the file. I deleted the file, created a new script, gave 777 and then it worked.

Thanks Klaus for your replies and help.

Regards,

Uday