cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting document with no billing document (OSS 1579523)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,  we occasionally have an issue where an accounting document is created but the related billing document "disappears".   I found OSS note 1579523 that looks like it resolves this issue.

Instruction says to check user exits from note 301077.   But it doesn't say what to do after that. 

Has anyone applied this note?   Can you provide insight as to what we need to do once we review the user exists?

Many thanks,

Cheryl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot seem to attach screenshots.   If you provide your email I can send to you.

An accounting document was created but the billing document did not get created.  According to the OSS note, this is due to a misplaced commit.

The question I have is:  Has anyone come across this, and if so, how did you resolve?

Regards,

Cheryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

It will be helpful if you can provide screen-shot of any example (flow). That will be helpful to analyze it further.

Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,  I'm not sure what you need a flow/example of.

Sales order > PGI > Billing Document > Accounting Document

When you go to display the billing document, it is not there. 

The accounting document can't be cancelled because it thinks there is a billing document.

The OSS note referenced says it is tied to an improperly placed Commit.

We have found no such commit in any of the referenced exits.

OSS note does not state what to do if you find a commit.

Was wondering if anyone applied this note.  If so, what did they do to fix the improperly placed commit.  Or, where else can we look since we did not find any of the user exits active.

Regards,

Cheryl

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When you go to display the billing document, it is not there. 

This is not a standard functionality of SAP.  For information, even if you cancel a billing document, and if you check the document flow for the corresponding sale order or original billing document, system would show the original billing document and also the cancelled document reference.  So check the document flow for the corresponding sale order or billing document via VA03 or VF03.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.  When we check doc flow it is also not there.  The billing document does not exist.   It is a bug.  That is why there is an OSS note regarding it.   But the OSS note is not clear.

I've raised an OSS note to SAP for guidance.

Regards,

Cheryl

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide the screen shot of Document flow--which our members can see--what you are seeing in your screen..

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cheryl,

In addition to billing document, is the sales order also "not found"?

As Lakshmipathi and others have asked, from VA03, paste the document flow.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doc flow - note that they created a second invoice (in doc flow) because they didn't see a billing document.   This second invoice did post to accounting fine.

Accounting document NOT in doc flow.  Note that the sales order is assigned in the line item.

Billing document does not exist.  We use same document number for billing and accounting documents.   

Also note that I cannot cancel the accounting document because it thinks there is a billing document.   I cannot recreate this situation.  It is random with no logical reason.   That is why we want to apply the OSS note.   This has NOTHING to do with our processes, our documents, etc.   According to the OSS note, it is an incorrectly placed COMMIT statement.  But we have checked all the recommendations in the OSS note and cannot find an active commit statement to cause this.   Basically, we can't find anything to fix.