Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC STARTER KIT FOR IFRS - financial close and disclosure management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

i just need your support to answer my q

our customer needs to implement RDS financial close and disclosure management for sap bpc nw 10

i have already installed the component but i just need to know how to apply customer requirement on the RDS ?

i mean that customer has different entity hierarchy and chart of account

so i need to know am i going to delete the RDS chart of account and upload his own chart of account or am i going to create transformation files for both chart of account

and what about the entity dimension   ?

cause if i changed the chart of account or the entity hierarchy this mean that i need to modify every single logic script ,business rule ,reports and controls .

please guide how to apply the rds with cst requirements

PS : cst needs to upload data using flat files not from BW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When we copy RDS or IFRS kit we usually don't delete anything.

For Chart of Accounts ans Entity please add new property in your dimension and your required members corrosponds to the existing onces.

If you delete the existing ones, your Business rules and others will not work properly.

I did the same in IFRS starter for Consolidation.

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit thanks for your reply

what if customer's chart of acc is completely different from the IFRS acc dim

for example   Lands and buildings in acc dim is A1110

but in customer chart of acc is L1000

so am i going to use transformation files or what ?

the entity dim is completely different from cst entity hierarchy so how can i add cst entity hierarchy

thanks again Rohit

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Рш Hi Elhoussiny,

You have to create the customers chat of account instead of IFRS sample accounts and the same with ENTITY. And yes, rules and scripts has to be corrected. But it's your job... no magic.

B.R. Vadim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S.

Kindly close your old threads, if queries are resolved.

Shrikant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elhoussiny,

If you have source system as SAP in that case IFRS / RDS will has realy value, in other cases at end of the day you will come to know that you did 80% of custom work this is what my experience.

As suggested by Rohit , you can use IFRS as ready structure. ultimately you need change GL/ Account, entity because in many of cases client is not willing to change name. so you need to change business rules, scripts.

Shrikant