Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a good choice to enroll into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I am going to graduate and I was given an opportunity to learn two SAP modules (ABAP and SD). However, I will not be given a certificate as this is an internal training provided by my lecturer who is also an experienced SAP consultant. Therefore I will be writing in my resume that I am SAP trained (without certificate). I am not sure whether big companies accept this and then maybe later on give me an official training?.

In addition to that, I heard SAP consultants make a lot of money compare to other programmers or developers. I am not sure how the money works in the SAP world but I wondered can I earn a decent living by spending my entire life in SAP? I need some feedbacks and advices from experienced SAP consultants. One last question, how big is the impact of SAP on big companies?

It will be my highest gratitude that you people will help me out by giving me one or two advices. 

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

"THERE IS NO SHORT CUT IN LIFE"

What you have heard about SAP Consultants that they make LOT of money, it was true in initial phase of ERP era, when there was scarcity of SAP Skill. But these days there is over supply of skill than that of demand. The field of SAP consultancy has saturated. Golden sun of ERP consultancy has set now.

So, you are most welcome to the field of SAP but please be aware of the fact that SAP consultancy is not a Rozy road.

If you are passionate about the field of ERP than and than only you can grow in this field.

If you can consider success as a bi-product in your life and keep on working for your passion, than SAP is right choice for you, but not if you are working for Success.

Please read my given below blogs thoroughly before taking any decision. And please make sure to have perseverance once you decide to go for it.

ERP Consultancy (SAP Certification) – Transformation from Introduction Phase to Mature Phase (Part –...

DOs & DON’Ts for SAP Career (Certification) on the basis of my on going journey from an Accountant t...

I hope, I could answer your question "Is it a good choice to enroll into SAP?"

Regards

Chirag Shah